Urgent dogs - Rochdale

Just having a look through Rochdale dog rescue at the urgent dogs.

Isn't there a Labrador rescue about here?

There's a young male they have at the moment, at risk of PTS.

"No. 3611: JERRY

Jerry needs a rescue space.

Labrador, male, approximately 18 months old. He is black and he is medium to large in size. Jerry is a very friendly, bouncy boy.

He is at risk of being put to sleep on Thursday 10th May 2012 if he is not claimed, if a rescue space is not found for him or if the funds are not available for emergency boarding. "

http://www.rochdale-dog-rescue.com/urgentdogs.html

There's even a Weimeraner! I can't believe he is at risk!?

So sad isn't it they are all gorgeous dogs, I bet that they wouldn't be too hard to home either with a bit of extra time :(

No. There are some lovely people though that sponsor these dogs for more time by paying for kennel time to help save these dogs to give them chance to be rehomed or taken on by another rescue.

Yes its so sad - There a golden lab only a stones throw from us in the Sheffield council pound -

http://www.ineedahome.co.uk/index.php?option=com_form2contentsearch&task=search.display&pb=1&searchformid=1&results=14&f2cs_1_1=1&f2cs_1_5=&f2cs_1_4=&f2cs_1_6=&Itemid=115

- ABSOLUTELY HEARTBREAKING- all rescues are full and The Sheffield council pounds is getting fuller. Cliffe council kennels & mount pleasant are heaving

Many thanks to Rochdale for taking these dogs - gosh knows what is going to happen when all the funds for these small rescues dry up - where will these dogs go them?. Please keep sharing them - all these dogs need a voice - Thank you Nix

First time ive heard about this rescue.

So they will only let the dogs go to another rescue? How come they wont let people like us help them?

I cant bear to hear dogs with a date sentenced to be put to sleep, if you know what I mean, i cant think of the right words.

I really hope another rescue can help these dogs! :(

:(

Lucky needs a rescue space.

Terrier Cross, female, approximately 6-12 months old. She is brown with white on her paws and the tip of her tail and she is small in size. Lucky is a friendly, bouncy, happy puppy and she seems Ok with other dogs.

She is at risk of being put to sleep on Tuesday 8th May 2012

Just having a look through Rochdale dog rescue at the urgent dogs.

Isn't there a Labrador rescue about here?

There's a young male they have at the moment, at risk of PTS.

"No. 3611: JERRY

Jerry needs a rescue space.

Labrador, male, approximately 18 months old. He is black and he is medium to large in size. Jerry is a very friendly, bouncy boy.

He is at risk of being put to sleep on Thursday 10th May 2012 if he is not claimed, if a rescue space is not found for him or if the funds are not available for emergency boarding. "

http://www.rochdale-dog-rescue.com/urgentdogs.html

There's even a Weimeraner! I can't believe he is at risk!?

Labarador Welfare is based ion Sheffield, but they will only consuider taking the dog if they are contacted so if Rochdale get in touch with them they may be able to help. :)

First time ive heard about this rescue.

So they will only let the dogs go to another rescue? How come they wont let people like us help them?

I cant bear to hear dogs with a date sentenced to be put to sleep, if you know what I mean, i cant think of the right words.

I really hope another rescue can help these dogs! :(

No, you can foster for them and rehome from them as well - i believe.

Have spoken to June @ Labrador Welfare. The warden is regularly in contact with June re any labs that go into the council pound so there is definately communication going on which is brilliant. Labrador Welfare do a brill job and will do as much as they can to help and they are aware of Storm. In terms of the lab at Rochdale, there are a couple of Lab Re-Homing charities in the NW so I wonder if they have been in touch with them? Here is the link for one of them, and I'm sure there is another. I think sometimes it's easy to assume that nothing is being done when there are perhaps things going on in the background that we're not aware of. :)

http://www.homealabrador.net/

Have spoken to June @ Labrador Welfare. The warden is regularly in contact with June re any labs that go into the council pound so there is definately communication going on which is brilliant. Labrador Welfare do a brill job and will do as much as they can to help and they are aware of Storm. In terms of the lab at Rochdale, there are a couple of Lab Re-Homing charities in the NW so I wonder if they have been in touch with them? Here is the link for one of them, and I'm sure there is another. I think sometimes it's easy to assume that nothing is being done when there are perhaps things going on in the background that we're not aware of. :)

http://www.homealabrador.net/

Oh, of course, Rochdale from what i have seen do an amazing job getting these dogs safe and keeping them safe before being rehomed/moved to another rescue. But doesn't hurt to try and get people more aware that they are there - they take dogs from Sheffield Council Pound, so they are helping on our doorstep :)

Oh, of course, Rochdale from what i have seen do an amazing job getting these dogs safe and keeping them safe before being rehomed/moved to another rescue. But doesn't hurt to try and get people more aware that they are there - they take dogs from Sheffield Council Pound, so they are helping on our doorstep :)

Agreed, the more people who are aware the more chance these lovely dogs have of finding a loving home. If only we had more space :( x

Would it help if I pop it on my Facebook page??