Family breakdown Support for 50+

I live alone and all the people I have ever loved and relied upon seem to have let me down in the end. Now my son has gone and I feel bereft with no one to talk to or help lift me out of the doldrums. I looked on the web for a self help group and came up empty. I found one which sounded ideal offering social group chat, crafts and outings but it was for Asian women. Cruse is also good but for people suffering loss though bereavement.

I am really surprised that there is nothing out there for lonely older people who have been abandoned or abused by their family because I know these things happen. Does anyone know of such a group or groups in sheffield?

Sheffield 50+ might be a starting point. Even if they don't appeal, they can signpost you to alternatives.

Contact details here: http://www.sheffield50plus.co.uk/

Meetings are normally the first Thursday in the month, in the Town Hall, 1.30 start. Membership is free, there are speakers and the chance to meet new people and have a cuppa.

Edited by Ms Macbeth

Sheffield 50+ might be a starting point. Even if they don't appeal, they can signpost you to alternatives.

Contact details here: http://www.sheffield50plus.co.uk/

Meetings are normally the first Thursday in the month, in the Town Hall, 1.30 start. Membership is free, there are speakers and the chance to meet new people and have a cuppa.

Are You a member?