Galaxy SIII announced

Do you mean stutter (as in the scrolling isnt smooth) or lag (as in it stops scrolling completely). Because the stutter is meant to be a power management thing, they do not GPU accelerate scrolling as it wastes battery power.

Yes it would be nice if scrolling was smooth like iOS, but due to Android coming from a none-GPU accelerated base its just not practical. This is just the nature of an OS that needs to be able to scale right down to much lower hardware than the first iPhone.

Does it happen on the YouTube app? If so then yes the phone is at fault, if not then its the app at fault as it should disable the auto standby.

I hope it's not the phone at fault, I've only had it since the end of last August and it's been in for repair under warranty twice already.

the S2 was great to start wth and ICS made it better, S3 looks great as the handset is 4.8" with only a lttle increase in the handset size. Cant wait to get one in my hands

On all android phones ive played with (most of the newer ones) when you do any kind of scrolling, switching screens etc there's this annoying delay.

no delay at all on mine...

if it is like above, on the latest ICS you can enable hardware acceleration for all 2D things (and drain ur battery quicker) to avoid that..

but honestly, I haven't ever noticed any stutter or lag at all on my S2

The thing that annoys me about my SII, is that if you leave the screen for a second and don't do anything it goes off! Very annoying when I'm trying to read anything on my Amazon Kindle app or listen to music! :rant:

The Iphone never did that!

Read the features of the new SIII, it tracks your eye movements and knows when you aint watching it and turns the screen off, look back and it turns back on.

The thing that annoys me about my SII, is that if you leave the screen for a second and don't do anything it goes off! Very annoying when I'm trying to read anything on my Amazon Kindle app or listen to music! :rant:

you can alter that, go into the power saving options, and set it to not dim the screen, and set the time out to like 30 seconds or something..

mine doesn't do it cause I set it not to..

no delay at all on mine...

if it is like above, on the latest ICS you can enable hardware acceleration for all 2D things (and drain ur battery quicker) to avoid that..

but honestly, I haven't ever noticed any stutter or lag at all on my S2

I've only got a HTC Desire S and there is no delay at all on anything. It works just as fast, if not quicker than my brothers iPhone 4.

you can alter that, go into the power saving options, and set it to not dim the screen, and set the time out to like 30 seconds or something..

mine doesn't do it cause I set it not to..

Mine is set to 2 minutes. If i want it to dim any sooner i just press a button and it's done.

On all android phones ive played with (most of the newer ones) when you do any kind of scrolling, switching screens etc there's this annoying delay.

You must have played with either bottom of the market phones or broken ones.

I've used quite a few, and never noticed this effect on any of them.

My contract is up next month, the S3 comes out with Orange at the end of the month, perfect timing.

Have you tried actually configuring the phone to do what you want, rather than just complaining?

The screen timeout is configurable.

Thats because its too dumb (but am sure playing on my mates iphone after a couple of minuets the screen starys to dim n goes off :loopy: ) and by the looks of it so are you, you say the music players no ipod, and its annoying that the screan goes off, well as for the music you can get apps and downloads off play market to make the music experience superior to the iphone, and as for the screen have u even been in the settings menu? you can change it so it never turns off untill you lock the phone, thats what mine's on at the minuet, you can have it to dim from 30 seconds upto half an hour on most handsets

what 'delay' do you speak of?

I am sure he means the screen transitions, as the menu orientates to the other page.

as the iphone can't do such a thing it just jumps straight to the other screen and maybe he is use to this and thinks it makes the iphone superior,

BTW you can also turn screen transitions off so it doesn't have any delay.

All you iphone lovers who hate samsung, just think on, your iphone is about 80% samsung parts inside it, so your actually using a samsung phone really lol

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/45502/hands-on-samsung-galaxy-s3-review

Looks nice - but I'm still thinking I want the Galaxy Note instead

Why would you choose the note over the s3,

unless its for 5cm extra screen size, but even then it isn't worth it as the s3 is alot better than the note what with the quad core processor and that :hihi: