Galaxy SIII announced

No matter how better these iPhone 'killers' look on paper, Android is still clunky and has that horrible 'delay' on most phones I've seen. iOS is still far, far slicker and more fluid to use than Android so that's why iPhone gets my vote, not because it's 'cool' as the haters seem to want to believe the reason to be as to why people have them.

This is all coming from an ex iPhone sceptic.

No matter how better these iPhone 'killers' look on paper, Android is still clunky and has that horrible 'delay' on most phones I've seen. iOS is still far, far slicker and more fluid to use than Android so that's why iPhone gets my vote, not because it's 'cool' as the haters seem to want to believe the reason to be as to why people have them.

:hihi: :hihi: Fanboi alert :hihi: :hihi:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/9/95954/1688066-fanboi_anatomy_super.jpg

IMO the SIII casing makes the otherwise nice phone looks really tacky - between the SIII and the HTC One X I would rather have the One X.

This is the same on the SII the casing is tacky compared to the likes of the LG Optimus 2x I had and the HTC phones.

For cosmetic looks I still think an Iphone looks like it's worth more than the new android phones, even though they cost as much and it's one of the reason's why Iphone's keep their value more than android phones.

I also agree with Unisol that the interface on the iphone is slick compared to android and you get less force closing apps

I'm also an ex Iphone user (only had it for 2 months) as I didn't like it as i prefered android os (I've had G1, HTC Desire, LG Optimus 2x and still use Samsung Galaxy S2 and Asus Transformer)

Edited by walkerx

I never get FC's, lag or any of the 'un-slickness' you talk of, infact if anything I find IOS too simplistic. I suppose that is why it appeals to so many people who are not very 'tech savvy'.

For me I prefer a device that I can customize, I imagine the next IOS invention will be the widget, or the customizable desktop(lets not forget they recently 'invented' the drop notification bar + voice recognition :hihi: .

It's a bit of an strange one...the press pics don't make it look too appealing but then in hand pics I think it looks really great.

Not sure about some of the features. One video with the camera gesture and it just looked like overkill.

As for the copying iphone siri claims...apple basically went and took an app and implemented it as a phone feature. If the Samsung voice technology even works in the UK it will be superior.

It's a bit of an strange one...the press pics don't make it look too appealing but then in hand pics I think it looks really great.

Not sure about some of the features. One video with the camera gesture and it just looked like overkill.

As for the copying iphone siri claims...apple basically went and took an app and implemented it as a phone feature. If the Samsung voice technology even works in the UK it will be superior.

You don't need samsung voice technology. siri is rubbish, been on an episode of watchdog i watched recently for not knowing answers to simple questions. with android you can use google talk. you can talk to text-(type a message just by talking), search play market and google just by talking too- + its easier to do than siris holding of the button, and with it being google it know's alot more than siri (since people use google.co.uk to search everything these days) and will give you better information,

Any 1 want to buy my s2 16gb lol pm me

what 'delay' do you speak of?

what 'delay' do you speak of?

On all android phones ive played with (most of the newer ones) when you do any kind of scrolling, switching screens etc there's this annoying delay.

The thing that annoys me about my SII, is that if you leave the screen for a second and don't do anything it goes off! Very annoying when I'm trying to read anything on my Amazon Kindle app or listen to music! :rant:

The Iphone never did that!

On all android phones ive played with (most of the newer ones) when you do any kind of scrolling, switching screens etc there's this annoying delay.

Do you mean stutter (as in the scrolling isnt smooth) or lag (as in it stops scrolling completely). Because the stutter is meant to be a power management thing, they do not GPU accelerate scrolling as it wastes battery power.

Yes it would be nice if scrolling was smooth like iOS, but due to Android coming from a none-GPU accelerated base its just not practical. This is just the nature of an OS that needs to be able to scale right down to much lower hardware than the first iPhone.

The thing that annoys me about my SII, is that if you leave the screen for a second and don't do anything it goes off! Very annoying when I'm trying to read anything on my Amazon Kindle app or listen to music!

The Iphone never did that!

Does it happen on the YouTube app? If so then yes the phone is at fault, if not then its the app at fault as it should disable the auto standby.

Edited by AlexAtkin