Galaxy SIII announced

all trying to be the iphone in my opinion

Roll on my next contract upgrade, don't know whether to get one of these or the next Iphone, the review doesn't mention what the SIII's like for music playback, the SII's quite good but it's no Ipod/Iphone.

Roll on my next contract upgrade, don't know whether to get one of these or the next Iphone, the review doesn't mention what the SIII's like for music playback, the SII's quite good but it's no Ipod/Iphone.

Yawn.

The SII is better than the current iphone and its over a year old. The SIII looks very good indeed.

But hey - it's a phone, it does other things - buy what you want.

how is it "no ipod/iphone"?

The audio quality far surpasses that of an iPhone or iPod, the music player is easily as easy and as good to use as an iPod or iPhone, the ear-buds you get with the phone are 100 times better than those you get with an iPhone or iPod (but then, that's not difficult)

Checking RightMark readings the audio from the SII could be better, more in relation to what phones it can drive. Now whether you can tell the difference I don't know. It was perfectly good enough for my IEMs.

As for the SIII. I would like the innards of an SIII in my SII. 4.8" is just too big. The SII is the right size for me.

Seriously? You think they're trying to be the phone which copies all their innovations? How does that work?

Question is, How long before Apple file a lawsuit against the SIII ?

Oh and as for Jimmy's comment about trying to copy the iphone, there isn't enough oxygen in the world for me to laugh at that.

As for the SIII. I would like the innards of an SIII in my SII. 4.8" is just too big. The SII is the right size for me.

Same here, Hopefully this comes out and the S2 goes down on price..

Maybe there was a point where the iphone was streets ahead of the competition but those days are long gone. Galaxy S2 kept getting voted best phone in the world ahead of iphone, right now the HTC OneX is probably better than an iphone, Galaxy Note is probably as good. The S3 will be better than all of them.

iphone 5 needs to seriously up its game to get in front of the pack again

I will be very tempted, but my contract isn't up for a while anyway.

And, that's the point. Although it's early doors in our testing process, Samsung has created a powerhouse of a smartphone, one that can truly make claims to being a portable computer in your pocket. We've seen enough to know that iPhone 4S fans will be sick with envy.

Says it pretty well actually. After reading the full review the SIII looks like a real beast of a phone that is going to leave all others in the shade for a while to come.

14 months left on my contract. No doubt the S IV will be out before then