Cooking hemp? And pigeon feed?

just boil in warm water :D Sorry marieh I had to do this :thumbsup:
by soaking the pigeon feed overnight or even for up to 48hr then boils for about 20 mins you can be sure it will be done.you got to get the pigeon feed right when used for fish because if its not done right it can be very bad for the fish.make sure that the maize becomes soft to the touch it wont go has soft has sweet corn but should become softer,the maize is all ways the last to be done maple peas and other seeds cook quite fast.............tyke

if your unsure on how to cook it dont do it until you are sure,can kill the fish the eat it .hemp is easy .i soak for at least 24 hours then boil for around 30 minutes

until splits easily between fingers add bicarb,chillie garlic powder ect.you carnt just bung it in a flask of hot water:huh::huh::huh:

save ya water that u use to boil hemp that's good to mix with bread:D if for fishing.... and also i put salt lots of in the hemp when boiling :P carp luv salt:cool:

What I did was soaked the pigeon feed for a day and half, sived off all the sunflower seeds and bits of other stuff what floated, put it in a big pan and boiled for about half hour, with the hemp I put into a pan and boiled until it squashed easily in my finger, about 30 mins boil. Then I added 1 teaspoon of salt, and 2 teaspoons of hot chillie powder and left it to soak in until ready for setting off, around 16/18hr. Personally I don't like using to much salt anymore, sorry mick, been noisy but it make Sence to me, I'm of the same opinion, if ppl keep using that much salt it will have bad consequences for our ponds/lakes/canals,

if your unsure on how to cook it dont do it until you are sure,can kill the fish the eat it .hemp is easy .i soak for at least 24 hours then boil for around 30 minutes

until splits easily between fingers add bicarb,chillie garlic powder ect.you carnt just bung it in a flask of hot water:huh::huh::huh:

oh yes you can!!!!

unless all these are wrong

http://www.gofishing.co.uk/HomePage2/fishingforums/Forum-Landing/Forum-Categories/Topic/?&topic-id=26741

or these

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cooking+hemp+in+a+flask&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

put hemp in flask about 1inch from top fill with boiling water but on lid leave over night you can add bicarb,chilly,curry powder if you want or put a clove of garlic in this is best way to do it and no smell water can be used in ground bait if you are using it.

How can hemp kill fish ?

If I cook some hemp & put it in a bait tub, how long will it last?

add salt and chilli to hemp for an edge :) it keeps them digging in the ground for days

1 big tip cook hemp out side or yu will stink house out

heard many ways of doing hemp always pref soaking for 24 hrs then simmer for 20-30 mins ,i would never change that way.i certainly would not try a flask for instance if you fill a flask 3/4 with hemp then had boiling water how much water do you think will get in before it overflows about 1/2 cupfull at a push how is that going to cook it safely.and if its not cooked properly i said it possible could kill fish,afterall anything eaten, not cooked propally could have that effect on fish

I agree a good soak then simmer. If hemp is soaked for long enough it will sprout like it does when you cook it, cooking it releases the oils.

I would never use hemp or tares without cooking, but what evidence is there if any that uncooked hemp seed can kill.

I recon it's just forum old wives tales, for want of a better term.