Sheffield VEOLIA Environmental Services (Binmen)

Should Sheffield have fortnightly collections imposed by the Council?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Should Sheffield have fortnightly collections imposed by the Council?

• YES
    • NO
    • Offer recycling incentives
    • Unsure

BREAKING NEWS...

Domestic black bins will become fortnightly in Sheffield from the end of JULY 2012. The workforce faces cutbacks of upto 35no. staff mainly loaders and drivers just after staff didn't get payrise they asked for after industrial action.

At the end of the day, MANY other councils around the country have fortnightly black bin collections. It's a system that works and it makes people consider how much they're actually wasting.

Why should Sheffield be any different ?

Always wondered how we manged with one bin metal bin, now i have 4 and always full up at the end of the week, with the exception of the green one.

Where does the waste come from? Supermarkets?

Makes me mad when comments like " they should re-cycle more " are made.

I don't want the waste but after a trip shopping or anything ordered on the net, i am left with waste packaging filling up the bins.

:rant:

Domestic black bins will become fortnightly in Sheffield from the end of JULY 2012.

But:

a. will 'black bin' weeks alternate with 'blue bin' weeks; and

b. will the whole of Sheffield have the option to use blue bins for paper waste and to ignore the inadequate blue boxes (or else use those boxes for bottles/cans)?

If they (Veolia) hadn't been so greedy, they would have plenty of Green Bins to handle.

So it's Veolia's fault, WRONG Sheffield council lay the rules down not Veoia. Veolia are only the contractors.

The cesspit called Rotherham have had a fortnightly collection for a few years now and it appears to work well.

Edited by bigjoker