Boiler broken - landlord's obligation?

The private landlord has been 'waiting for a boiler part' that he couldn't find in local shops after the boiler in the house (with about 30 tenants) went on Saturday.

Tenants are having to shower at relatives homes (if they do at all!:hihi:) and are thus inconvenienced. The landlord is a decent bloke and usually very good at getting things fixed and replying to complaints etc, so i haven't whinged. I don't know if anyone else has?

Family members and friends, especially the females, are saying I should complain and demand some rent reduction, which does include all bills.

What do you think?

Just get on to the landlord again and get other tennants to do the same,does the landlord do his own checks. Surley the gas boiler should be looked at by a qualified corgi registered person..Some landlords, if they are decent ones have a gas breakdown cover.Not sure how you could proceed with the rent thing it could put you in breach of your tennancy agreement.

30 tenants??

You aint all Polish are you?

The private landlord has been 'waiting for a boiler part' that he couldn't find in local shops after the boiler in the house (with about 30 tenants) went on Saturday.

Tenants are having to shower at relatives homes (if they do at all!:hihi:) and are thus inconvenienced. The landlord is a decent bloke and usually very good at getting things fixed and replying to complaints etc, so i haven't whinged. I don't know if anyone else has?

Family members and friends, especially the females, are saying I should complain and demand some rent reduction, which does include all bills.

What do you think?

See, the UK isn't all its cracked up to be ;)

30 tenants??

You aint all Polish are you?

Mostly English- you must be thinking of the RAF Battle of Britain pilots in 1940!:hihi:

Mostly English- you must be thinking of the RAF Battle of Britain pilots in 1940!:hihi:

Haha!

I'm sure all those bodies will radiate enough heat to keep yaz all warm.

Is it a 4 bedroom house?:D

Haha!

I'm sure all those bodies will radiate enough heat to keep yaz all warm.

Is it a 4 bedroom house?:D

Depends on how many of them are alive :hihi:

It's a large, clean and private Edwardian house divided up into roomy bedsits and flats.

The landlord has a registered gasman working on it, but it'll be fixed tomorrow, after 5 days down needing a few parts.

It's a large, clean and private Edwardian house divided up into roomy bedsits and flats.

The landlord has a registered gasman working on it, but it'll be fixed tomorrow, after 5 days down needing a few parts.

Come on tell us...How much is Mr Rigsby raking in a month off you all?

Thats good to hear,glad u got it sorted.:)

Come on tell us...How much is Mr Rigsby raking in a month off you all?

Has he got a cat called vienna:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Has he got a cat called vienna:hihi::hihi::hihi:

There's no room for Vienna! Not with 30 tuther lodgers. :)