Fascia Full Replacement Boards

What would/do you use as full replacement boards 16mm or 18mm thick? If you have used both what would you personally say the differences are?

Just need an idea on the consumers opinion thats all.

Cheers

18mm the thicker the better as it is a replacement to the original timber facia which are usually around 20mm in thickness.

18mm the thicker the better as it is a replacement to the original timber facia which are usually around 20mm in thickness.

Hi Paul thanks for your input.

Im in two minds myself which to provide as people say: Thicker = Heavier more stress on the roofline (but as you said 20+mm for original timber also can be a lot more expensive for the extra 2mm.

Thinner = better cost but may be seen as an inferior product.

Its a hard one because obviously peoples views do differ. I try and offer 16mm standard and 20mm as a jumbo. The foils i think come at 18mm standard.

Only problem is we dont offer the 18mm we do 16 but also we offer 20mm but this can prove costly.

I'd go with 18mm, with correct fixings (80-100mm screw with cap) will more than stand upto the elements. Seen many a facia and guttering job coming away with the weight of melting snow. with the 18mm it gives you a better slate/tile coverage on the gutter. Extra 2mm could be the difference between having to mess about with the eve's etc or not, very time consuming.