Texting whilst driving

we had a very nervous voyage from Longley to shiregreen as the taxi driver we had was watching tv (golf ) to be precise and at one point didn't take his eyes off his iphone for quite a while although we missed the bus the kerb took a beating Grrrrrr hate people like this !! textings bad but watching TV's worse =/!!

I wouldn't have paid, and let him call the police on his more important than life phone, then I would have gladly told the police why.:suspect:

yes I reported him to city taxi company driver 302 and they said they would investigate but I bet nothing will come of it =(

!!

yes I reported him to taxi company and they said they would investigate!!

You should have reported him to the council mate.

I have to agree with this after not wearing one in a serious accident probably saved my life.

The officer investigating the incident admitted that had I been wearing it I may have suffered serious injury or even death.

I still wear it for every journey but that thought always is in the back of my mind.

Seat belts are only good for a finite set of crash circumstances

But you can't tell which crash within the "finite set" you'll get involved in, can you? So you are best advised not to hedge your bets and wear it. Bear in mind that the humble belt has saved between 2000 and 2500 people per year.

Facts of the matter are that belts injure and are not a win-win. But add in airbags deploying and you are always best advised to wear a belt (airbag injuries with a belt happen but without a belt they are not pretty) so the "investigating officer" ought to be made to eat his/her speculative, unhelpful and wholly inaccurate words.

lets face it most of the idiots have a bird in the cavity there brian should reside in.

lets face it most of the idiots have a bird in the cavity there brian should reside in.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: Quite true, there are no reasons that are acceptable to use a mobile while driving and wearing a seatbelt is compulsory for the simple reason that in 9 times out of ten they save lives. OH and I were in a crash in which the fire brigade were expecting to find us seriously injured or dead. Wearing a seat belt meant we both walked away with the most serious injury was a very small cut on OHs head and we both had whiplash. The car was L- shaped and wheel of juggernaut ripped drivers side to pieces

Make it law that if you are caught texting while driving you have your car taken away for a period of time with a fine as well, just like the people who drive with no tax or insurance You can not put a price on life or think it will never happen to me

The punishment is not large enough, maybe a £1000 fine and the removal of your car and license till the fine has been paid off in full would make people realise the error of their ways. I'm cross because some git came rather too close for comfort pulling out of makro and almost hitting me, so obviously engrossed in his phone i noticed

Or a £1000 fine and 12 points.

That would cost you your licence for a while and I've no doubt your insurance company would have something to say to you when you came to re-insure a car.

(Why should I, or other responsible drivers have to pay extra into the pool you - who won't follow the rules about using a phone when driving - take out from? - I object to paying an additional fee to cover the insurance costs of people who think they're above the law.)

lifetime ban for first offence !!!!

:hihi::hihi::hihi: Quite true, there are no reasons that are acceptable to use a mobile while driving and wearing a seatbelt is compulsory for the simple reason that in 9 times out of ten they save lives. OH and I were in a crash in which the fire brigade were expecting to find us seriously injured or dead. Wearing a seat belt meant we both walked away with the most serious injury was a very small cut on OHs head and we both had whiplash. The car was L- shaped and wheel of juggernaut ripped drivers side to pieces

IM due a laugh,show us where you got your figures from?

The fact is even if seat belts were a danger who do you think would stick their neck out and say it in the bullying world we live in?

They would be out of their job within hours.