Cheap Tyres for Ford Fiesta 1.4

Try bennets on burngreave road, nice kid and sells good part worn tyres at a sensible price.

This has turned into a right slagging session!

The fact that I asked for cheap tyres insinuates that I do not want to pay top end prices because I see them as a complete rip off. I have driven for 10 years on cheaper than top end tyres and have found them to be perfectly adequate. This is probably because I do not drive at excessive speeds therefore not needing the aforementioned 'quality' tyres needed for these excessive speeds and therefore increased stopping distances.

If I had put as the topic title: please come here to discuss different stopping differences and the wants and needs of my tyres. Then I would have been happy to talk on here. But unfortunately I asked if anyone knew of anywhere for cheaper tyres and who could fit them.

Thank you to those people who have help and I ask the others to politely 'do one'!

you just ask a simple question on this site and you get all the bamber gascoin knowalls chippin in, :huh:

What size tyres are they - its written on the side of the tyre and will also be in your owners manual - for example mine are

205(width) 55(profile) (diameter)16

Use a site like http://www.blackcircles.com/ to find cheap prices for new ones - you can sometimes find that 'named' brands are only a few quid more than budget ones anyway. For example I got some Pirellis for £64 each, when a local garage was quoting 62 for some no name ones.

For a small car like yours part worns are fine, so long as they have a decent amount of tread on them and no cracking - pay no more than £20 a tyre though.

What size tyres are they - its written on the side of the tyre and will also be in your owners manual - for example mine are

205(width) 55(profile) (diameter)16

Use a site like http://www.blackcircles.com/ to find cheap prices for new ones - you can sometimes find that 'named' brands are only a few quid more than budget ones anyway. For example I got some Pirellis for £64 each, when a local garage was quoting 62 for some no name ones.

For a small car like yours part worns are fine, so long as they have a decent amount of tread on them and no cracking - pay no more than £20 a tyre though.

Hi,

Thank you for this, it has been very helpful!

They are only small tyres 195 50 15.

Do you know where I can some part worns fitted for £20 each that would be brilliant if you do?

Thanks

Chris

Superfit autocentre on abbeydale road are cheap rougly 18. Per tyre

Superfit autocentre on abbeydale road are cheap rougly 18. Per tyre

Hi,

Have you got a number for this garage as I can't find this on the internet?

Or has anyone?

Thanks

Hi,

Have you got a number for this garage as I can't find this on the internet?

Or has anyone?

Thanks

theres a place just off staniforth road, tenner a piece, there good tyres and don't even need balenceing, if they did, he only charges a fiver:):

This has turned into a right slagging session!

It is not slagging, it is discussion and opinion.

http://www.tyresafe.org/tyre-safety/part-worn-tyres/campaign-material

http://www.tyresafe.org/images/Part_worns/false%20economy%20poster%20web.pdf

Though you dont drive at excessive speeds I am assuming you drive in the rain?

P-Zero on my Boxster and P7000 on my TVR, I would rather know they are going to grip when they have to.

theres a place at the bottom of grange lane in S5 that do part worn tyres,

i always buy new, but for those who had a go about buying part worn ones,have ever bought a used car and gone out and changed the tyres to new as you will have no idea how those tyres have been used or even if they are part worn ones put on by the seller.

last car i bought, i fitted 4 new tyres on it sharpish :)

and they definitely do make a difference. maybe not so much when driving around, but hit a spot of ice, or water or have to swerve in an emergency, stop on a motorway, stop for a kid running out, all unknowns but all probable.

could save your life, or someone elses.

and, with part worns, you are trusting the seller to be putting decent tyres on, driving a partially flat tyes rubs the rubber off the inner wall, you cant see that on the outside until the tyre blows out on you.

I know what i put on my car might be £180 a corner, but im less likely to die

What next! Part worn brake pads & shoes. You really need your head looking at if you even contemplate fitting tyres off another vehicle:loopy:

We generally buy brand new but we trust the guy who we get tyres off so much that we have had the odd part worn one - besides he's at the side of Ecclesfield Police Station:D