Council tax for a static

Hi all, need some info if anyone can help? Right, i live on a residential park (static caravan site) when i moved in i was told nothing about paying council tax and didn't think i had to on 1 of these sites, but today im told we do pay council tax, flippin 900quid at the end of the year!!!

Im actually discusted by this. My gas is calogas, my electric is on a meter which is read at the end of the month by the site owner, thats it! I know the bins get emptied by the council (but only last week i found this out) i cannot justify payin 900 quid to have my bins emptied once a fortnight...

Can this be avoided? Takin my own rubbish to the tip? Burning it?

i think tax on caravans only stands if it IS static. if it isnt static then u dont have to pay? i recall my husband mentioning this about a bailiff on a fishing pond, who had to move his caravan 1 ft to the left or right every yr so he avoided paying council tax. or the husband was pulling my leg lol.

Hi all, need some info if anyone can help? Right, i live on a residential park (static caravan site) when i moved in i was told nothing about paying council tax and didn't think i had to on 1 of these sites, but today im told we do pay council tax, flippin 900quid at the end of the year!!!

Im actually discusted by this. My gas is calogas, my electric is on a meter which is read at the end of the month by the site owner, thats it! I know the bins get emptied by the council (but only last week i found this out) i cannot justify payin 900 quid to have my bins emptied once a fortnight...

Can this be avoided? Takin my own rubbish to the tip? Burning it?

If a static caravan is being used to live in, then you have to pay band A council tax.If it was used for business, then you would have to pay business tax,as you will have to use the local services.

Guest busdriver1
You have to pay if the caravan is open 52 weeks a year, if it is closed for so many weeks then you dont have to pay

Wow the correct answer so soon into the thread. Well done.

people who live in static caravans at the coast are supposed to pay council tax these vans aren`t open 52 weeks a year!

That isnt right, if the caravan is closed for over 8 weeks a year then council tax doesnt have to be paid, thats why there are residential sites that close for 8 weeks and most residents go abroad or visit realatives and it creates a loophole for council tax

That isnt right, if the caravan is closed for over 8 weeks a year then council tax doesnt have to be paid, thats why there are residential sites that close for 8 weeks and most residents go abroad or visit realatives and it creates a loophole for council tax

In addition you must now also be registered for council tax at a permanent place of residence elsewhere. If you're not then it is classed as your place of residence and council tax is payable n

Edited by yorkiepudd

We have a static on a small site that is open from 1st March- 4th January.

Our annual ground rent bill is listed as

Ground Rent + Council Tax + Water

So the answer to your question is YES you do pay council tax on a static caravan.

I always thought the same as Molly70 but it is clearly stated on our annual bill so my thoughts are that probably most site owners add the council tax to your annual ground rent without disclosing it