Macro Lense info

Which Canon body do you use Paul

I shot that with a 400D, my first dSLR, I use a 5D now.

I believe it's more about good sharp glass than the camera body, most modern bodies are capable of producing stunning shots with good lenses.

Hi people

Wondered if anyone can suggest Canon EOS fit Macor lense options for

close up work , on a budget as ususal.

I have a 550D and wouldnt mind some suggestions for Macro lenses or options

I believe that SIGMA have the 150mm Macro OS lens to fit Canon, the 150mm is an excellent lens, just checked it might be a bit expensive but it is a very good lens,

Edited by rev43
checked price

I shot that with a 400D, my first dSLR, I use a 5D now.

I believe it's more about good sharp glass than the camera body, most modern bodies are capable of producing stunning shots with good lenses.

Fully agree Paul, just wondered what the Tamron was like on a full frame body as my main body is a 5d MkII

Fully agree Paul, just wondered what the Tamron was like on a full frame body as my main body is a 5d MkII

It's a fantastic lens, never found it to struggle on anything, used it on 5D a fair bit and my only criticism is it has a long focus so the AF can search a little, but you can restrict this.

It's great for portraiture as well, right length and good in low light, shot below with it, not a great shot but that's not the lenses fault! (excuse my lazy photoshop work!) :hihi:

2904570641_493a57dc87_z.jpg?zz=1

Model - Charlie by PaulDCocker, on Flickr