Harry Maguire development this year.

As far as i'm concerned I very much have mixed opinions on young Harry's season, for the first half of the season I didn't really fault him what so ever, I thought he slotted in naturally and has been confident and looked the part however of late i've seen a few errors which have swayed my opinion a bit and make me question whether he is the finished article yet or not.

I think what I have to keep on doing is pinching myself and being realistic, at the end of the day 's a young lad who has pretty much shot into first team action and the spotlights. Despite looking comfortable at the back and confident I think we have to remember that he is inexperienced and mistakes might happen now and again as he learns his trade. The amount of pressure on his shoulders over the last 3-4 months must have been massive for him and one which he hasn't had before and in all honesty will probably have been his coming of age in my opinion.

Looking to next season i hope after he's rode out this storm he canspend the summer chilling out and the they take him in to training and point out his errors and ensure they don't happen again next year because in all honesty I think the lad has a very bright future in football and when he gains the experience he could move on to bigger and better things quite easily.

At the beginning of this season blades fans I know were bigging mcguire up in a massive way, I expected a commanding Bobby Moore type player, from the few games I have seen him play he looks more like Roger Moore, has a turning circle like the Titanic and is prone to lapses in conentration and mistakes.

Ok for League 1 I suppose.

At the beginning of this season blades fans I know were bigging mcguire up in a massive way, I expected a commanding Bobby Moore type player, from the few games I have seen him play he looks more like Roger Moore, has a turning circle like the Titanic and is prone to lapses in conentration and mistakes.

yes agreed . he got in league 1 team of the season and won young player of the year for nothing you know ! . statements like this from certain people just make me laugh and realise there is people who actually know nothing about football ! lets see what owls with actual football knowledge think of maguire ie corks , nervy , going etc etc .

I don't remember Bobby Moore at 19 (and Maguire has only been 19 for three weeks) but you obviously do. I will have to take your word for it.

How can Harry Maguire be compared to bobby Moore ?????????

The lads had a good season ,you don't win young player of the year or get in the team of the year if your no good

He's young and still learning his trade

From an owls fan

The lads only just turned 19 and plays in a position where young lads don't normally play , due to the physical and aural aspects of playing there.

The only rest that he's had this year has been the Walsall game (that I can think of) , when he was suspended.

Lord knows what some people expect, although what I expect is , that a Premiership or high-end Championship will open their wallet with 3m quid or so for him soon.

He's had a great season overall.

He still needs to look at a few areas, which I'm sure the coaching staff will have picked up on.

I'm happy with his progress, but he needs to look at his decision making.

For a 19 year old, excellent prospect though, and will at some point play in the PL,.