Game of thrones-should I finish the series (books)

llamatron

I have got to the middle of the fourth book, there has just been another slaughter session and I am just finding it the most depressing series. I was loving Arya but now I am getting bored because she isn't doing anything and quite like reading about Tyrion but I hate the "others" storyline. I am also annoyed that each character has a catchphrase-but thats minor!

I have got so far through the series and feel like its a shame not to finish it but at the same time if everyone is just going to die horribly I don't want to waste my time on it. I kind of want to know how it ends so I can decide whether its worth finding out how they get there:hihi::help:

Definitely finish them. You'll have a long wait though as G.R.R. Martin is a wee bit slow in churning them out (IIRC it was something like six years wait for the last one and there are still two to go).

jb

ETA: Oh and yeah, expect anyone and everyone to die hideously so that if any of your favourites somehow manage to survive it's a bonus.

Definitely finish them. You'll have a long wait though as G.R.R. Martin is a wee bit slow in churning them out (IIRC it was something like six years wait for the last one and there are still two to go).

jb

ETA: Oh and yeah, expect anyone and everyone to die hideously so that if any of your favourites somehow manage to survive it's a bonus.

Not sure I like any of them now, they are either dead or starting to annoy me:hihi:. Maybe I will wait until I can't find anything else to read and try again. I might read about daisies and puppies for a while although I will be worried the author will torture them and kill them in a horrible way-he has scarred me for life:( I will never trust an author again:cry:

Get em read gret wuss

Is it worth reading something that just makes you more and more depressed as you get further in-I like dark stuff but I think it requires some light at the end of the tunnel. LOTR you knew they would triumph in the end so it was worth the slog of reading it.

I am clearly a fair weather reader:D

If you're not enjoying them (on the whole) don't read them, simple as that.

I can't decide whether I am enjoying them or whether it is a feat of endurance which is fine if I like the ending but I don't know whether everyone will just keep dying or even whether there will be an ending and closure etc. Maybe I will just watch the programmes as they come out! Dany is very attractive:D and I prefer Arya in the programme to in the books. Not impressed with the male based eye candy though. Danys bloke will have to do for now.

If you're not enjoying them (on the whole) don't read them, simple as that.

It's not though, is it?

I stopped enjoying "Lost" about half way through series 3. By the end of series 4 I was positively irritated by the whole thing. I had to watch the remaining series, though; for closure, probably. Didn't even get that - just more annoyance.

Grrr.

It's not though, is it?

I stopped enjoying "Lost" about half way through series 3. By the end of series 4 I was positively irritated by the whole thing. I had to watch the remaining series, though; for closure, probably. Didn't even get that - just more annoyance.

Grrr.

Thats what I am worried about, sometimes I actually hate a book but I have invested so much time in it that I have to finish it. Occasionally you get rewarded with a good ending but more often than not the ending is as dull as the book was!