Fire service competition- win a £200 food voucher

Hey all,

Today we're launching a campaign to tackle cooking related fires. They make up half of all the house fires we go to- last year that was more than 300 incidents.

We've created a quick 'kitchen savvy quiz' on our Facebook page and The Co-operative have kindly donated a prize of £200 in shopping vouchers.

If you'd like to enter, please find us on Facebook or visit the link here.

Thanks!

Well I might have had a go (having had a devastating kitchen fire some years ago) but as far as I can see you have to sign up to facebook in order to take part.

I realise facebook is very popular, but there must be many people like me who have no interest in it. I certainly won't be signing up so will have to miss out on your quiz.

Hey all,

Today we're launching a campaign to tackle cooking related fires. They make up half of all the house fires we go to- last year that was more than 300 incidents.

We've created a quick 'kitchen savvy quiz' on our Facebook page and The Co-operative have kindly donated a prize of £200 in shopping vouchers.

If you'd like to enter, please find us on Facebook or visit the link here.

Thanks!

I did the quiz, got 3 out of 5 right.

We're sorry to those of you who haven't been able to take part. We decided to run something on Facebook because of the very large number of people we can share safer cooking messages with that way, but we understand it's not for everyone. So we'll definitely look to try something different for our next campaign, for example on our website.

The quiz isn't the only part of the campaign though. We'll shortly be announcing some events at Co-operative Food stores at a dozen different locations. We'll be handing out tips on kitchen safety, plus some giveaways, money off coupons and the chance to sign up for free smoke alarms. We hope you can make it to one of those events.

We're sorry to those of you who haven't been able to take part. We decided to run something on Facebook because of the very large number of people we can share safer cooking messages with that way, but we understand it's not for everyone. So we'll definitely look to try something different for our next campaign, for example on our website.

The quiz isn't the only part of the campaign though. We'll shortly be announcing some events at Co-operative Food stores at a dozen different locations. We'll be handing out tips on kitchen safety, plus some giveaways, money off coupons and the chance to sign up for free smoke alarms. We hope you can make it to one of those events.

Free smoke alarms? You tell the kids at Lifewise you give them out free anyway!

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

That would be a good idea and would attract more people to your website which can only be a good thing.:thumbsup:

The feedback is useful, so thanks for your comments.

Yes, you're right, we do still offer free smoke alarms where they are needed as part of a Home Safety Check. You can call us on 0114 253 2314 to request a visit, but there will also be an opportunity to sign up for the service at the supermarket events.