The hypocrisy of Sheffield Lib Dems

On Sunday morning a black cab pulled up outside my house, the driver posted a letter through my door and then drove off.

The letter was personally addressed to me and was from Iltaf Hussain, the Lib Dem candidate for Nether Edge Ward.

It went on to promote the Green record and values of the Lib Dems and to disparage Labour's record on this issue, in an effort to win my vote for the upcoming elections.

Now forgive my ignorance, but for a black cab to drive to my house only, to deliver this message, is surely hypocrisy beyond belief. As my husband is also on the Electoral Roll, can we expect a similar visit with his letter?? It would be interesting to know what the carbon footprint of this excersise actually was.

Perhaps they can't afford the stamps now they've gone up.
have you seriously considered how much 9,000 stamps would cost? The legal spending limit in Sheffield is about £1300. For the price of one stamp you can print about 500 leaflets.

have you seriously considered how much 9,000 stamps would cost? The legal spending limit in Sheffield is about £1300. For the price of one stamp you can print about 500 leaflets.

500 leaflests for 60p?