Dodgy scrap men scouting S17

At the risk of starting an old topic afresh, I was just putting my baby down for her nap when I heard my neighbour's dog barking. Went downstairs to find two very dodgy looking blokes in high visibility orange and yellow coming out from our garage conversion(!)

One of them saw me through the front door and then decided to knock; I answered through the window and he wanted to know if I wanted the "scrap" removed from my garage?! :suspect: Who the hell gave him permission to walk up to my house and enter my property without asking? I told him it's not scrap but he wasn't looking at me, he was busy taking a good look through the window into our living room ...

Meanwhile his partner was entering our neighbour's house and peering in through their window. It was a white van and i was silly enough not to have noticed the number plate. But these men looked really dodgy. Should i be concerned? :confused:

No,, Get used to it ,it happens everywhere every day.

Yes sounds very dodgy.

Noway would i just start looking in someones garage i always knock on doors and ask for scrap.

should say something to police, call 101. At least they will be onn the watchout for them. Usually scrap men, have a van without a top on it.

They are driving up and down roads in S26 looking for scrap all the time .

People like these arnt scrap men there theifs proper scrap men will only take scrap if its left out on the road side or they ask for it its people like these what give decent ones bad names I would phone the police and report there reg and if poeple keep reporting then something will get done and just to let you no there are poeple doing it in box vans aswell if people have got any scrap they want to get rid of then pm details thanks

I caught some in a neighbours garden the other week. They were piling the contents of his shed near the gate ready for a quick getaway.

When I challenged them they seemed to think they had a perfect right to do what they were doing.

should say something to police, call 101. At least they will be onn the watchout for them. Usually scrap men, have a van without a top on it.

Unfortunately now they have got wise to using pickups, as the police stop them, a lot now have transit style vans sometimes with ladders on the top, so they look like builders. Seen quite a few of them lateley.

The number plates and descriptions would really help the police if anyone else experiences this.

Would the OP be as upset if he/she had loads of scrap that needed removing /

Hi viz vests suggests they were not trying to hide.

lol its about time they all got a life and a prober job and not sponge off other people :loopy:

The guys I caught were wearing Hi-Viz. It makes them look official and they have to comply with health & safety rules.

It's like saying people who wear suits are respectable, but con-men and bank managers all wear suits.