Ridiculous queues at Woodseats Sorting Office

You might want to check your facts on that statement.

Which part?

The population of the City of Sheffield is 577,800 (mid-2017 est.)

The population of the civil parish of Stocksbridge as of the 2011 census was 13,455.

He wasn't far off.

Which part?

He wasn't far off.

The part where it states there are only 3 delivery offices.

The part where it states there are only 3 delivery offices.

Sorting offices was clearly stated.

I waited for an hour in pouring rain, (why isn't there at least some sort of shelter) there was just one person serving and he was having problems finding parcels. He could only find one of my parcels so we had to go through the whole thing again the next day. I expressed my feelings to the man who was serving who said that the system was a good one, he laughed at me when I complained. I know they work hard and it is under staffed but really he made my blood pressure rise.

When I returned home I put in a complaint online to the official Post Office site and received the usual 'we value your custom' rubbish. It was not an email that it was possible to reply to. The postal 'service' is expensive and we receive very little for our money. I think an earlier post is right in that they are preparing for it to be privatised and want us to feel dissatisfaction. I will never go to that office again and will go with the re delivery process.

for gods sake where is the postal service expensive ???? get rid of royal mail you will see expensive

Even if you arrange for re-delivery though I have actually on two occasions heard the mail drop through the letter box and gone to pick it up and found a, "you were not in"card. On both occasions I ran up the road after the postman to get the delivery and he just said,oh you didnt hear me?which is ridiculous, unless they've knocked on the door with a feather, but I wonder if there are any postal workers on here who could offer a possible explanation why someone would lug a parcel back to a sorting office when they could drop it off ?

Sorting offices was clearly stated.

Delivery offices are sorting offices.

but I wonder if there are any postal workers on here who could offer a possible explanation why someone would lug a parcel back to a sorting office when they could drop it off ?

I'm not a postal worker, but I suspect that if they're behind schedule, then it's quicker to stick a bunch of "not here" cards through letter boxes and drop off bunch of parcels back at the sorting office, than it is to knock at each door and wait.

A friend of mine once had a postie fake a "signed for" signature rather than knock and wait.

Privatise it?

What like the railways?

Brilliant idea.

I'm waiting the hear them declare: 'No deliveries this week - wrong kind of stamp on the letter.'

Woodseats? I've been in queues of over 20 people outside the door. Meanwhile, inside the postage stamp sized office with one serving window, you are seen by one person, at best two faces will appear.

Once they take your card off they go into the bowels on a short walk. No sign of organisation. A rummage around. A bit of confused conversation over post codes, parcels, days of the week and hey presto, he strolls back with a single parcel.

That's the system. It works perfectly for the 1950's village post office where the inhabitants number less than 20.

Someone needs to tell them Churchill is no longer Prime Minister.

I did. By letter.

Obviously it didn't get delivered.

Someone probably still queing somewhere.

Delivery offices are sorting offices.

I'm guessing here max, but I think you know what I meant.

---------- Post added 03-10-2018 at 18:43 ----------

I'm not a postal worker, but I suspect that if they're behind schedule, then it's quicker to stick a bunch of "not here" cards through letter boxes and drop off bunch of parcels back at the sorting office, than it is to knock at each door and wait.

A friend of mine once had a postie fake a "signed for" signature rather than knock and wait.

Thank's dave. I think that's a good and possible explanation.

I think that's because Sheffield has only 3 sorting offices for half a million people.

Stocksbridge PO only deals with a population of about 20,000.

Stocksbridge sorting office serves a very wide area not just the village

s36 looks like the largest post code by area

Edited by choogling

Which part?

He wasn't far off.

There are more than 3 delivery/sorting offices in Sheffield.

There are more than 3 delivery/sorting offices in Sheffield.

At least 9, depends where you want to call the boundary? Dronfield, Dinninton, Penistone make it more!