Sons 16th birthday

Has he any ideas himself?

It was my sons 15th in march and we just let him decide. He flatly refused to have any sort of party, so him and his mates just took themselves out for the day, cinema, meadowhall, food etc.

Then we just had a family meal out that weekend.

Edited by nikki-red

I agree with Nikki-red! My lads 16 him & mates just went off for day to cinema and to grab some food at a buffet place seems to be the norm for them at that age. he`s been to quite a few birthday gatherings lately they all seem to be doing same thing. He seems to enjoy the day more and says they`ve had a good day out.

Hes says he wants a party at o2 and have most of is freinds their with a band or dj x

The O2 Academy? Is this a party as in a private party, or just him and his mates going to see a band/ DJ that's playing there? I doubt they do private parties, and if they do it'd probably cost thousands to rent the venue, unless they've got some kind of smaller room for hire.

Why doesn't he try a freedom club night with his friends and then celebrate with his family after. It's a 13 - 17 year olds night with live music in a safe environment. Although if your wanting a venue try tulip lounge in town, it's free to hire if over 60 people come and you can put on your own dj and it would cater for everyone!