Applying for ESA

Hi.I had to put in an application for ESA,due to being off work sick,and going on to half pay,and have sent sick notes in for the past 2 months.What i want to know is how long it will be before i hear anything from them?When i first applied,i received a letter shortly after saying they couldn't pay it to me.That was even before i'd sent in forms.Now they tell me i have to keep submitting sick notes to them.I'm sooo confused:confused:

I think

It's when your money finishes altogether with work you gt ESA. I know inwas only on a contract f 16 hours a week and it wasn't till I resigned because the urge on refused to operate if I was still going to be doing retail work .. Then I applied for esa

You will only be paid ESA for as long as your sick note lasts so until they process your forms you will still get paid as long as you keep submitting sick notes from your doctor. They will then decide whether to pay you based on the info you sent them back in your forms or whether to send you for a medical. If you fail both you can then go to an appeal tribunal. The whole process can take over a year though - it did for me and I failed my appeal tribunal. I suffer with ME and ESA just does not cater for my condition at all. Get advice from CAB.

Good luck.

Thanks for the replies.Contacted the relevant department today,and was told that as i'd sent in wage slips,proof of mortgage,sick note etc... that i should have had a payment,and they can't understand why i haven't.Told i'd get a call back today or tomorrow.If not,then CAB is my next port of call.