South Yorkshire- cannabis manufacturing capital of UK

More farms were found in the West Yorkshire force area - 936, or 42 factories per 100,000 people - than any other in the country.

But South Yorkshire had 64 farms for every 100,000 people, the highest per capita in the UK, with 851 farms.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17888762

South Yorkshire is the cannabis manufacturing capital of the UK.

We grow the ganja, we export the ganja. We create REAL WEALTH. We need to pat ourselves on the back here. This is a true success story. Even with all the redtape, the good people of SY have created a thriving industry and have brought manufacturing back to South Yorkshire, these entrepreneurs are creating real wealth and jobs, and bringing prosperity to the region.

Later this year the Dutch will ban foreigners from Dutch cannabis cafes, this will lead to the greatest opportunity South Yorkshire has had in a long time. We will be in a position to exploit the tourism industry. We will be able through intelligent action (decriminalisation of cannabis) be able to create further jobs and industry in the region.

We could reopen empty shops and pubs as cannabis cafes, we could attract tourist from the EU and the UK and even further afield!

Buy British folks, buy South Yorkshire ganja! No need to go and spend your money in the Netherlands, spend your money here, in the local economy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17888762

South Yorkshire is the cannabis manufacturing capital of the UK.

We grow the ganja, we export the ganja. We create REAL WEALTH. We need to pat ourselves on the back here. This is a true success story. Even with all the redtape, the good people of SY have created a thriving industry and have brought manufacturing back to South Yorkshire, these entrepreneurs are creating real wealth and jobs, and bringing prosperity to the region.

Later this year the Dutch will ban foreigners from Dutch cannabis cafes, this will lead to the greatest opportunity South Yorkshire has had in a long time. We will be in a position to exploit the tourism industry. We will be able through intelligent action (decriminalisation of cannabis) be able to create further jobs and industry in the region.

We could reopen empty shops and pubs as cannabis cafes, we could attract tourist from the EU and the UK and even further afield!

Buy British folks, buy South Yorkshire ganja! No need to go and spend your money in the Netherlands, spend your money here, in the local economy.

Agree entirely. The first thing I thought when I read the storey was "what a waste", of police resources, time & revenue in the form of taxes.

All this while at the same time funding criminal gangs to go on and create more crime.

The situation simply couldn't be worse than as it stands now.

A staggering fail on the part of polititians, the judiciary and the police.

we could just shoot the junkies and dealers and save everyone a lot of time and money

Because that works in Mexico? :roll:

How many members of the public have been beheaded over there in the past year by the drug cartels?

Aye, 'cos that's been shown to work a treat... hasn't it, not.

If bread was illegal, he would probably suggest the same. And would not be content until the trade machine was destroyed and widespread poverty and famine resulted.

Saying something like, "air and sunshine is still legal - we can live on that, and grow the economy by heating air with the sunshine"

If bread was illegal, he would probably suggest the same. And would not be content until the trade machine was destroyed and widespread poverty and famine resulted.

if bread was illegal and blights families and communities in the same way that drugs has then i probably would.

however, it is none of those but is a nutritious staple then i wouldn't and your selection of bread in this context is a rather stupid one

i'm talking about shooting not beheading and only junkies and dealers not members of the public

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/03/us-usa-mexico-shootout-idUSTRE82202U20120303

U.S. Border Patrol agents and Mexican drug traffickers fought a gun battle across the Rio Grande river in south Texas, authorities said on Friday, the latest of a spate of cross-border shootings in recent months.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/11/mexican-blogger-decapitated/

A Mexican man has been decapitated, in an apparent warning to social media users to stop tipping off the authorities about the local drug cartel.

The man appears to have been handcuffed, tortured, decapitated and dumped beside a statue of Christopher Columbus one mile from the Texas border. Below the man’s body was a partially obscured and blood-stained blanket. Written on the blanket in black ink: “Hi I’m ‘Rascatripas’ and this happened to me because I didn’t understand I shouldn’t post things on social networks.

The mexico drug cartels are becoming increasingly violent, recently they released footage of them cutting the head off of a man with a chainsaw.

(I will not link to that as this is a family forum).

The drug wars don't work, they just make things worse, and people always manage to get off their face again.

We need to look at the most sensible solutions to this problem. The solution is legalisation. We don't want to carry on like Mexico, shooting drug dealers and having citizens executed in public by cartels.