Car diagnostic which scanner to buy

Hi I was just wondering if anybody could help me I want to get in to car diagnostic and I want to buy a scanner but I don't know witch one to buy I need a tech 2 and I would like one that dose other cars as well or could I buy one that dose all cars I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction

Which car do you have and will the diagnostics just be for you or for use on many cars?

I'am wanting to start up a mobile diagnostic I find it interesting and willing to go on some courses I need a tech 2 because my brother deals in vauxhall cars but would like one for other makes of cars

The ones that are suitable for various cars cost a small fortune, it depends what your after, do you just want to read fault codes or are you actually wanting a diagnostic scanner?

I want a diagnostic scanner not a code reader

Cheers joeeey I will have a look now

http://tools4pro.co.uk/autoboss-v30-universal-professional-car-diagnostic-system.html

This site is good, there ate also Chinese copy's of these scanners, but they won't last like the genuine ones.

Autoboss is very expensive for what you actually get. I would avoid.

Louis if you aren't already trained in diagnostics then I would wait until you have trained before you buy anything, there is a whole world of difference between your average mechanic's understanding of diagnostics and a real diagnostic technician's understanding.

If you REALLY feel that you want to buy a multi-brand diagnostic device at this early stage, I would go for the Launch Diagun. Well worth the money.

http://tools4pro.co.uk/autoboss-v30-universal-professional-car-diagnostic-system.html

This site is good, there ate also Chinese copy's of these scanners, but they won't last like the genuine ones.

Autoboss is very expensive for what you actually get. I would avoid. EDIT: I see the price of these has come down quite a bit since I last checked, there's still better out there for your money though.

Louis if you aren't already trained in diagnostics then I would wait until you have trained before you buy anything, there is a whole world of difference between your average mechanic's understanding of diagnostics and a real diagnostic technician's understanding.

If you REALLY feel that you want to buy a multi-brand diagnostic device at this early stage, I would go for the Launch Diagun. Well worth the

money.

EDIT: Make sure you get trained though, it's no good buying something like this then scratching your head, looking confused when it reads something like "Permanent fault, coherence between track 1 and track 2".

Edited by RootsBooster
added

Yes it looks a nice bit of kit and yes your right I will get training looking now to see who dose training near Sheffield I have looked on some sites that sell scanners and there do bait of training

Yes it looks a nice bit of kit and yes your right I will get training looking now to see who dose training near Sheffield I have looked on some sites that sell scanners and there do bait of training

Usually, the sites that sell the equipment will tell you that they provide training, but in reality more often than not, once you've bought the device they just link you to online tutorials or manuals which can only be classed as "training" in the operation of the unit, not really explaining how to understand it all.

Don't rely on this for your training, better to look up some places that provide proper training.