Cat Poisoning in your local area

I wonder why some people don't like cats and don't see killing them as doing anything wrong.

People dont like cats because they constantly crap in their gardens.

I live next to or close to several cats and the problem has become unbearable at times, each and everyday clearing away 1 or 2 little presents. I dont have children but i do have them visit and dont think its fair that they could be playing and find some else’s mess. Imagine someone throwing dog poo into your garden pretty regularly, you would soon grow a dislike for dogs (throwing the poo back into the owners garden would have been my next step).

I tried everything, alarms, sprays, roses, NOTHING works completely.

Luckly it seems that overtime the problem has lessoned and the cats moved away and i now even gets birds in my garden.

There is also the issue with killing birds but any responsible cat owner can put a bell on a cat collar to prevent this.

I dont think its hard to see why people hate cats if im being honest but maybe you need to live next door to cat to sympathise (not with killing cats).

Horrible people is saw this in the news a while back but it wasn't Sheffield

Am i retarded in thinking a cat would just vomit rat poison(or anything that it dislikes back up) and it kills a rat specifically because they are unable to vomit it back up???

Wow a lot of cat haters on here. I find that people who don't like cats just don't understand them or the difference between cats and dogs. A cat cannot be like a dog because it isn't a dog. I think animal haters in general are just simpletons. You all know who you are - you are devoid of any emotion. Anyone that can condone killing an animal just because it does something instinctual is beyond me. I love all animals and wouldn't wish them harm. I have other peoples' cats do their business on my garden but you know what there are more important things in life. I'm so glad I don't know you animal haters. No wonder there is an increase in animal cruelty with so many humans nowadays devoid of any feelings or morality. I hope you kinds of people don't go on to have children.

I find that people who don't like cats just don't understand them or the difference between cats and dogs.

No, it's because of things like this:

I have other peoples' cats do their business on my garden

Just because a dog doesn't do it doesn't make it acceptable or any less disguting for a cat to do it, even if it is the way they naturally behave. If I see that a fox has spent the night laying a cable on the lawn, I don't like that either.

I hope you kinds of people don't go on to have children.

When i have kids i dont want them playing in, or near, a cat turd in my garden, i dont really see why you would argue with that, unless you are someone who is happy to risk a child’s health.

If your pets, no matter what they are, detract from someone’s quality of live and stop them enjoying their garden surely you can see how they would take a dislike to these animals. If someone’s dog kept you awake all night barking, im confident you would eventually dislike the dog.

Any owner which lets their pet defecate in someone garden is irresponsible imo, its as simple as that. Its not a case of disliking cats, its a case of disliking turd in my garden as jimmy says.

A cat that has a home and is fed do not eat mice they catch em play with em and kill em but they don't eat em. Only Feral cats eat mice. If a mouse had eaten poison they wouldn't be around long enough for a cat to then come along to catch em and then kill to then pass it onto the cat. It was a vet that confirmed it!!

My cat had a very good home with a plentiful supply of food but still choseto catch & eat birds,mice, every last bit too even down to the feathers He even managed a collared dove once :suspect: All this despite wearing a collar & bell .......

Wow a lot of cat haters on here. I find that people who don't like cats just don't understand them or the difference between cats and dogs. A cat cannot be like a dog because it isn't a dog. I think animal haters in general are just simpletons. You all know who you are - you are devoid of any emotion. Anyone that can condone killing an animal just because it does something instinctual is beyond me. I love all animals and wouldn't wish them harm. I have other peoples' cats do their business on my garden but you know what there are more important things in life. I'm so glad I don't know you animal haters. No wonder there is an increase in animal cruelty with so many humans nowadays devoid of any feelings or morality. I hope you kinds of people don't go on to have children.

Well said:thumbsup:

When i have kids i dont want them playing in, or near, a cat turd in my garden, i dont really see why you would argue with that, unless you are someone who is happy to risk a child’s health.

If your pets, no matter what they are, detract from someone’s quality of live and stop them enjoying their garden surely you can see how they would take a dislike to these animals. If someone’s dog kept you awake all night barking, im confident you would eventually dislike the dog.

Any owner which lets their pet defecate in someone garden is irresponsible imo, its as simple as that. Its not a case of disliking cats, its a case of disliking turd in my garden as jimmy says.

How do you control what a cat does ??:huh: You dont exactly put a lead on & take it for a walk do you ... Cats go out and do what they do unfortunately, its nature . How do you think we toileted before some clever person invented the Loo ???

Please be aware

Someone in the S20 area is a cat killer

Our cat was killed with RAT POISON

It kills very slowly and cruely

If your cat suddenly stops eating for 2-3 days take it straightaway to the vets and tell the vet RAT POISONED

The next symptoms are very weak and wobbly "TIME IS RUNNING OUT NOW"

Don't let your cat go through what ours went through

And don't go through what were going through now.

Im really sorry to hear about this, whether you are a cat lover or not, any kind of poisoning, deliberate or accidental, is horrible.

From experience, I would recommend you repost in the Sheffield Pets Forum, where you are far less likely to be insulted by pet-hating insensitive bigots who only want to hijack your thread so they can air their insults.

What is wrong with you people: someone whose beloved pet has died in an extremely unpleasant way was only trying to warn others of a potential threat! Why cause further upset to the OP by making unnecessary posts about why you hate cats? So what? I loathe and detest kids but I would never harm one - and they leave far more crap and destruction in my local parks than any cat or dog (the pigs can't even place their trash in a bin less than ten steps away in Chelsea Park!)

I am sure this thread was not intended to be a debate about the rights and wrongs of owning (or liking) cats.

Edited by katkin

How do you control what a cat does ??

No idea but it seems unfair that your lack of control is at a detriment to the enjoyment of my garden. If i had kids and they want to play in my garden, i cant let them because of your pet.

I find this whole thing so frustrating as cat owners seem to have the opinion that as nothing can be done about it they dont care, and anyone who does is a cat hater.

I honestly would not be bothered if people showed some remorse, but cat owners just dont seem to be willing to accept there is a problem.

There are no cat haters on here:confused:

Your angry, we get that but your argument is emotional and unreasonable.