Cat Poisoning in your local area

Like i have said a cat that has a home and is fed would not eat rats or mice they don't go near rats and they don't eat mice they catch them, torment them, play with them and kill them but not eat them, only Feral cats do this. It would take much more to kill a cat than a mouse or Rat
Sorry, but as a lifelong cat owner this is not true.

Your vet is wrong. Our cats are proof of this.

What does this even mean!!! if your cats have survived then lucky you!

What does this even mean!!! if your cats have survived then lucky you!
It means cats DO eat rats and mice. Why the hostility? Just saying the vet is wrong, that's all.:confused:

Incidently, If any cat or or other animal lovers need rat poison.

I can recomend one that only targets Rats and other rodents.

It is safe for cats, dogs, owls to eat the resultant carrion without harm.

The product targets the digestive system by disrupting digestion rather than by introducing the rodents to a poisonous chemical additive in the diet and allowing the blood to haemorrhage.

http://www.trapman.co.uk/eradirat.htm

Like i have said a cat that has a home and is fed would not eat rats or mice they don't go near rats and they don't eat mice they catch them, torment them, play with them and kill them but not eat them, only Feral cats do this. It would take much more to kill a cat than a mouse or Rat

You are so wrong on this unfortunately. My cat has eaten more mice than I care to think about :-(....... we often find what's left of them. When we had a bit of a rat problem round here one summer, she killed a couple of young ones but left them uneaten.

However, I am extremely sorry to hear about your cat, I'd be devastated if it happened to one of mine, and as ever with threads about cats am deeply angered at the casual way people suggest killing other people's dearly loved pets because they happen to wander into their garden. There is something psychologically wrong with people who can casually suggest cruelty to other living creatures.

Gosh! So your vet can differentiate between accidental and deliberate poisoning of a cat. How did he/she do that I wonder. Was there an puncture wound from a needle?

Maybe the vet should be working for the coroners office.

Or on the next Harry Potter book.

I wonder why some people don't like cats and don't see killing them as doing anything wrong.

Well... scientifically there is a big difference between the fatal warphirine (rat poison) dose for a rat and a cat.

In essence eating one rat would only make a healthy cat ill.

It is most likely to be badly placed rat poison or malicious.

No. It depends on how much poison a rat or a mouse has eaten. If the rat or mouse has eaten lots of bait, then it can contain lots more poison than is necessary to kill it. Hence, a cat need only eat one mouthful from an overdosed rodent to suffer the full effects.

Apparently rats & mice taste better than cat food, our cat only ate cat food if it was raining. It would chase anything that moved that was smaller than it & rip it's head off. It'd leave it's food in it's bowl.

Our cat ate a poisoned rat & was ill for a few days, it happens.

I think it's only old, sick or injured cats, or cats never let out of the house that don't catch & eat rodents & birds.

Edited by anywebsite

Perhaps the vet moonlights as a forensic pathologist!

If your cat was more typical, it would likely have been fed by someone else occasionally, and even stroked by them sitting on their knee in a living room down the street. And if you think they don't eat mice, well...