Cat Poisoning in your local area

There's no Rat problems around here! the only rat is the person who did it

Everywhere has rats, you are naive to think there is not. The council are sending out leaflets as we speak now to say that they have re introduced the free service to people to put poison down for rats, maybe the council have killed your cat... ?

Excuse me but it was confirmed by the vet
Gosh! So your vet can differentiate between accidental and deliberate poisoning of a cat. How did he/she do that I wonder. Was there an puncture wound from a needle?

There's no Rat problems around here! the only rat is the person who did it

Please click and read this link:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=8819640&postcount=1

Maybe your vet is just scaremongering so as to drum up some business? Either that or they really don't know what they are talking about...

Or they do know what they are talking About and what they said and what you heard are different things all together?

im not unbeliveable

Sorry to hear this,but someone may have a genuine rat problem on their property and have put poison down to kill the rats and your cat has wandered and eaten it....

There's no Rat problems round our area and cats don't go near Rats

sorry to here this but they are getting like RATS vermin nusience round where i live

So it's OK to kill them then?

There's no Rat problems round our area and cats don't go near Rats
Yes they do. One of ours once caught one. It got bitten on the face, but it still hung onto it.

:( :( poor cat, are you sure it was deliberate? as someone might have just been treating their house for rats.

If it was deliberate then 'what goes around, comes around'

There's no Rat problems in our area and i don't torture or kill animals so what are you talking about

You might be wrong. Your cat could have eaten a mouse or a rat that had recently eaten a tray full of bait.

Personally, if I had a sick cat, I'd ask the vet what was wrong with it rather than insisting that it had been poisoned. Those symptoms could be due to a number of problems and I'd rather the vet used his or her judgement.

A cat that has a home and is fed do not eat mice they catch em play with em and kill em but they don't eat em. Only Feral cats eat mice. If a mouse had eaten poison they wouldn't be around long enough for a cat to then come along to catch em and then kill to then pass it onto the cat. It was a vet that confirmed it!!

Your vet is wrong. Our cats are proof of this.

Well... scientifically there is a big difference between the fatal warphirine (rat poison) dose for a rat and a cat.

In essence eating one rat would only make a healthy cat ill.

It is most likely to be badly placed rat poison or malicious.

Well I put rat poison out, for the rats mind. If a cat eats it (Im not sure why it would mind) then its not really my problem as I am trying to keep vermin down.

Its a pity cats could not be more domesticated like dogs so you could have more control over them.

Maybe they have eaten poisoned vermin and that's how it got into its system ?

Like i have said a cat that has a home and is fed would not eat rats or mice they don't go near rats and they don't eat mice they catch them, torment them, play with them and kill them but not eat them, only Feral cats do this. It would take much more to kill a cat than a mouse or Rat