Someone to look at my Notebook

As in the title, just want someone to have a look at it for me, so I can decide wether its worth having fixed or not.

Was re-installing Windows, when there was a horrible smell of something burning, and smoking, then it went off, think something has burned out inside, but I dont want to take it to pieces in case I **** it up even more.

Anyone want to take it away, have a look at whats wrong, and if it can be repaired, give me a quote? :help:

Edited by bobsyouruncle

Where abouts is the burning coming from? CPU? Ram? Harddrive?

Where abouts is the burning coming from? CPU? Ram? Harddrive?

From the rear, near the power connection, am uploading a photo to show you....... "SMOKING NOTEBOOK!!

Edited by bobsyouruncle
Link added

Oh well, it's dead. Too much damage to be repaired, thanks to a screw that shorted it out, and thanks to Gosh @ B.I.T aka Mozalan-see above post) who took a look at it :(

Well, looks like its worth nowt but a few salvageable parts.

Anyone interested??

Have got a few photo's if anyone wants to look at the damage done, courtesy, again of B.I.T, really nice guy, if you ever have any pc/laptop problems, he's your guy :)

HP Pavilion 1000 Notebook, fantastic screen, keypad, hard drive, ram, dvd drive battery, charger, BRAND NEW spare battery, just motherboard is no good, so upset as I cant have it repaired :(

Looking for £40 for the lot

What size is the hd how much for that (if it's a 2.5") I need to upgrade my ps3

What size is the hd how much for that (if it's a 2.5") I need to upgrade my ps3

I have no idea what size the h/d is or about the ram, I never knew these things, and now the mobo is burnt out, I cant find out.

Sorry

I've googled the Model, its a DV1588EA Model, and these are the specs:

The configuration HP provides comes with a 1.73GHz Intel Pentium M 740 n/a Ultra ATA/100 USB/PCMCIA 160.0 GB Windows XP Home, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900, 14.0 128 MB DDR (shared) 128 MB DDR (Shared).

This HP Laptop can take up to 2.0 GB ram, with a fixed amount of 1.0 GB = 512 MB (removable) + 512 MB (removable) installed PC2700 DDR SDRAM SODIMMs.

Unless its been upgraded, which I dont think it has, I would imagine these specs would still stand.

Hope this info helps!

I will look at it on a no fix no fee basis, if you require my services inbox me

I will look at it on a no fix no fee basis, if you require my services inbox me

Thanks, but Mozalan has given it the once over and its foooked.

Burnt out motherboard thanks to a stray screw that was lodged in there