Giving out fake details when getting rid of a dog?

neeeeeeeeeek

Twice I have had people turn up at my door to get a dog, I am not getting rid of a dog. Today my housemate let 2 people in as I was expecting someone and he assumed it was them. I was up the road so come back and they start getting all abusive when I have no idea what they are talking about. I went out after them to get the phone number they have been texting about the dog so I can ask what they are playing at and they were over the road. It seems the house over the road is getting rid of a Staffie, and giving my address. I can only assume this is so they can see them from over the road before giving them the real address. These people spent a minute in their doorway before picking up this dog and leaving.

All very dodgy.

Seriously if someone came to my house and then got abusive I would speak to them in the language they deserve, the bloody cheek of some people.

I would have have expected them to say sorry and call the people in question, not throw a wobbler because I don't have a dog to sell him!

Last time it happened was 2 or 3 weeks ago, I don't know if those people got in contact with the seller or not. Fingers crossed that it was just the one dog and it's taken them a while to get rid of it. I am not a member of pre-loved so have not done a search for it

I would have have expected them to say sorry and call the people in question, not throw a wobbler because I don't have a dog to sell him!

Last time it happened was 2 or 3 weeks ago, I don't know if those people got in contact with the seller or not. Fingers crossed that it was just the one dog and it's taken them a while to get rid of it. I am not a member of pre-loved so have not done a search for it

I would report it to police anyway just to be safe and don't let any more strangers in. :)

I would report it to police anyway just to be safe and don't let any more strangers in. :)

Really bad timing, someone was coming round to look at a netbook so my lodger let them in!

I just joined pre-loved. You can't set it to anything less that 20 miles and it does not search by postcode so unless I go through all the adverts I am not likely to find it. Fingers crossed it won't happen again.

and id go and politely explain to those over the road you dont need your address being given out on their behalf.

and if it carries on youll be tearing them a new breathing hole

I might go and ask them to try and be more careful next time they text their address, I just don't want a tirade of abuse. I get the feeling that the sort of person who does that is not likely to be the sort of person why says sorry and admits it. It's Sunday, I don't need the hassle!

Edited by neeeeeeeeeek