What A Day!! (and some other words)

top4718

As a Wednesday fan since 1978 I cant remember a day as tense as this one, listended to the game at Brentford on Radio Sheffield, we scored while not playing well, Beevers gave away a penalty and was close to being sent off but the hero Llera saved the day. Couldnt wait to hear the final whistle, round one over.

Onto round two, blades v Stevenage, united started off well with quinn looking lively, Stevenage got into their stride though and looked threatening, a goal either side of half time put them in control, blades subs helped them get it back to 2-2 and I half expected a winner to go in (some poor play by the blades in the second half prevented this), I paced the room until the final whistle blew.

I predicted a couple of weeks ago that the team who went into the last game "with the points" would gain automatic promotion and I stand by it.

Oh well blades you still have a chance in the play-off.............................against Stevenage (possibly) :hihi:

As a Wednesday fan since 1978 I cant remember a day as tense as this one, listended to the game at Brentford on Radio Sheffield, we scored while not playing well, Beevers gave away a penalty and was close to being sent off but the hero Llera saved the day. Couldnt wait to hear the final whistle, round one over.

Onto round two, blades v Stevenage, united started off well with quinn looking lively, Stevenage got into their stride though and looked threatening, a goal either side of half time put them in control, blades subs helped them get it back to 2-2 and I half expected a winner to go in (some poor play by the blades in the second half prevented this), I paced the room until the final whistle blew.

I predicted a couple of weeks ago that the team who went into the last game "with the points" would gain automatic promotion and I stand by it.

Oh well blades you still have a chance in the play-off.............................against Stevenage (possibly) :hihi:

"As a Wednesday fan since 1978 I cant remember a day as tense as this one"

Don't you remember the 5th May 1990?

It was the day Wednesday lost to forest and where relegated and United won Leicester and where promoted, thus exchanging places.

Doesnt realy compare to this season as we are both going for the same goal!

It was much more important than today - we were both competing for a place in the top division, rather than just trying to get out of the third tier.

It was much more important than today - we were both competing for a place in the top division, rather than just trying to get out of the third tier.

It might have been more important but the timing of the games and the need for both teams to get three points made this one more tense.

Bring on next Saturday at S6, long way back from Exeter wi nowt to show for it.