Where do you shop in Sheffield?

We are a retail unit in Sheffield centre, and have noticed that down the

Moor is decreasing in the amount of footfall. Enlighten us shoppers :) - where do you tend shop in Sheffield?

For food I shop localy (Woodseats)

Items I want right away I would probably wander into Sheffield centre but mostly I just shop from the pc nowadays, its quicker easier cheaper and theres more choice

Tesco FTW! :D

What about Sheffield centre? Do people tend to view the Moor as a High street any more? It just seems to be fizzling out

I can't stand Meadowhall only go there when I am forced too.I can usually buy everything I need in the City centre. Why can't the Moor be turned into local interesting shops. I am hoping the new Market will source local food, Breads , Jams, Pickles. Meat and Cheese with taste.

I try and buy in Atkinsons as it is an independent retailer but looked at the average age shopping there this morning and I think its going down the old B and C co op route it needs to market itself to a younger age group. Keep our city vibrant!!! and not the clone of many other City /town centres.

I can't stand Meadowhall only go there when I am forced too.I can usually buy everything I need in the City centre. Why can't the Moor be turned into local interesting shops. I am hoping the new Market will source local food, Breads , Jams, Pickles. Meat and Cheese with taste.

I try and buy in Atkinsons as it is an independent retailer but looked at the average age shopping there this morning and I think its going down the old B and C co op route it needs to market itself to a younger age group. Keep our city vibrant!!! and not the clone of many other City /town centres.

Meadowhall is excellent, and offers a good choice of clothes outlets, no problems parking and no walking about in rain.

Not cheap but not skint, so suits me.

:) You are so right, there aren't many shops left down the Moor now, closing one after the other. I'm wondering when the new Market place is planned to be finished. It's becoming all takeways and council window displays. Something needs doing prompto otherwise this end of Sheffield will just die out :(

Cant stand any kind of shopping - I reluctantly food shop once a week and that's a chore!

You will not get as many shoppers down the Moor now. It has become very run down, especially since the open market was put there. It puts people off going. There are also a predominance of pound shops, not many quality shops like Debenhams. Debenhams is usually as far down the Moor as I go.

Cant stand any kind of shopping - I reluctantly food shop once a week and that's a chore!

:D Staying alive and all that lark ;)

You will not get as many shoppers down the Moor now. It has become very run down, especially since the open market was put there. It puts people off going. There are also a predominance of pound shops, not many quality shops like Debenhams. Debenhams is usually as far down the Moor as I go.

I totally agree, it needs a considerable amount of money spending on it, and the empty shops.. they are asking 55k a year rent, so no ones filling them, no decent companies anyway. You can get a high street store up near the cathedral for the same price. No one wants to pay them rates down the moor when there is nothing down there they have got to get real seriously lower the rent askings

On the very rare occasions we venture into the city centre we get off the bus at the bottom of the Moor and walk up just sort of window shopping and looking around but in the past 12 months the difference is huge, I don't llike going down the Moor it is so depressing.

I am not a millionaire and I like a bargain like most people but the shops are the Moor are not bargain shops, they are cheap and tat shops and that is different. As someone pointed out Atkinsons just seems to cater for old people, BHS are expensive for what they sell, I don't mind paying those sort of prices but for something decent.

We go to Meadowhall once or twice a week, it is easy to get to, no shortage of parking and no expensive parking or fear of clamping. It is clean, warm dry has plenty of toilet facilities (where are the public toilets on the Moor apart from those dreadful ones near the old Manpower building). We went yesterday, we met our daughter, had coffee, did some shopping, then had a lovely Thai meal, did a bit more shopping and spent about 4-5 hours there and it was an enjoyable day. You just can't do that in the City Centre.

Edited by curriechick