Postal delivery

The answer to the op is in post 22.

You mad bro?

Guest busdriver1
A complete cull of them all,suggest's to me you mean ALL not just the bad ones.

No i am not your ex postman,i have been on the same round for many years and never had one complaint

Well done, it cant be easy. But I ask again. Do you wish to be tarred with the same brush as my ex postman? or would you rather see the service rid of the likes of him so that those who do the job well are no longer a minority??

My comments about culling them did have the rider that the good ones would then be re-employed so on the basis of what you have told us you would have no problems.

To give you some idea, I reckon to have "lost" over 50% of my post in the last 7 years. Is that acceptable?

Well done, it cant be easy. But I ask again. Do you wish to be tarred with the same brush as my ex postman? or would you rather see the service rid of the likes of him so that those who do the job well are no longer a minority??

My comments about culling them did have the rider that the good ones would then be re-employed so on the basis of what you have told us you would have no problems.

To give you some idea, I reckon to have "lost" over 50% of my post in the last 7 years. Is that acceptable?

The trouble is there are bad eggs in every walk of life.

I don't know which area you live in,but at our office a bad service is taken very seriously. One has just been suspended for poor quality on delivery.

There are more good postie's than bad, it's just a shame that one or two make us all look bad.

As for your lost post no it is not acceptable and should be reported.

As far as I know, Totley Delivery Office and Eccy RD are the only ones who wont be doing the new two to a van, Mondernisation Bull!! As they are too small, everyone else will be iver testing it or getting it soon. The offices that have it, your parcels should be back the next day but would give it 48 hours as they still need to be sorted out into dates, streets ect ect.

As far as I know, Totley Delivery Office and Eccy RD are the only ones who wont be doing the new two to a van, Mondernisation Bull!! As they are too small, everyone else will be iver testing it or getting it soon. The offices that have it, your parcels should be back the next day but would give it 48 hours as they still need to be sorted out into dates, streets ect ect.

So rather than 'man and van' it'll now be 'men and ven'?

So rather than 'man and van' it'll now be 'men and ven'?

:hihi::hihi: something like that.

these offices WILL go park and loop! they have just got to sort out what to do with the vans with S11 office being on a bus lane etc. my guess is that they will combine the 2 offices and move in to a better suited building. But there is no doubt the powers that be will be introducing the new system to us.

these offices WILL go park and loop! they have just got to sort out what to do with the vans with S11 office being on a bus lane etc. my guess is that they will combine the 2 offices and move in to a better suited building. But there is no doubt the powers that be will be introducing the new system to us.

S11 is not having it because it is a small office and no where to park the vans at night. They certainly aint got the money to go look for another building with better parking, to do it, besides Eccy RD office is one of the best offices to work for, cause it's small, got small rounds, small mail volumes. It doesn't qualify for the two to a van.

They have brung it into offices that in theire small minds think are struggling one to a round, four arms are better then two arms delivering, quicker too.

But it's not the case now, they have really messed up the system. All this park and loop is not working, cause you have fast postmen working with useless old farts who want to walk, so therefore you got postman who will only work to theire times and bring mail back, then Managers are having to take it out and other postman, hence the reason why you are getting your post much later.

I welcome TNT to make an offer on Royal Mail, because they are the biggest Postal company in the world, and they know how to keep up with modern deliveries. Unlike Royal Mail who are just focusing on money from delivering junk mail, what you just take one look at and throw in the bin.

If the postmen and women didn't have them shocking leaflets to deliver, which they get naff all for delivering them, then it would actualy run pretty smooth, post bags wouldn't be heavy, cause well, you may think one letter aint hevy, but 3 or 400 in a bag is, and then adding extra weight aswell with the door to doors, all it does is slow the postman down, and the postman has to go on sick with a bad back ect ect, then forces RM to splash out on more money to fund for more postmen, then for them to raise your stamps up yet again. It wouldn't suprise me if RM start charging a couple of quid for a stamp in the near future, cause trust me it's heading that way.

S11 is not having it because it is a small office and no where to park the vans at night. They certainly aint got the money to go look for another building with better parking, to do it, besides Eccy RD office is one of the best offices to work for, cause it's small, got small rounds, small mail volumes. It doesn't qualify for the two to a van.

you are quite right about it being the best office to work for. that's down to the staff and management that work there. you are however, wrong about it having small walks. we have walks with 800+ calls on them. it has the same mail volumes as any other similar sized office. the vans at night issue can be remedied by the drivers taking them home but the problem is where to park them while we are sorting. taking all this into account, the hierarchy WILL find a solution to this problem. it is just a prediction on my part that they will sell dore and eccy road and possibly woodseats and combine them and put us in an alternative building central to the 2 or the 3 offices. it won't be this year and maybe not even next but it WILL happen. and just in case you haven't twigged yet i work at S11.

you are quite right about it being the best office to work for. that's down to the staff and management that work there. you are however, wrong about it having small walks. we have walks with 800+ calls on them. it has the same mail volumes as any other similar sized office. the vans at night issue can be remedied by the drivers taking them home but the problem is where to park them while we are sorting. taking all this into account, the hierarchy WILL find a solution to this problem. it is just a prediction on my part that they will sell dore and eccy road and possibly woodseats and combine them and put us in an alternative building central to the 2 or the 3 offices. it won't be this year and maybe not even next but it WILL happen. and just in case you haven't twigged yet i work at S11.

Yeah but how many of them 800 drops do you actualy do a day?

If you didn't already know, I used to work at Woodseats! And still keep in within the loop.

You are prob right, and we have all been saying for years, your office is tiny! Totley is tiny and is an old church. And well Woodseats is small and falling apart. It would be great if Royal Mail could combine all 3 offices together, cause lets face it all 3 offices are practicly in the same area.

Guest busdriver1
The trouble is there are bad eggs in every walk of life.

I don't know which area you live in,but at our office a bad service is taken very seriously. One has just been suspended for poor quality on delivery.

There are more good postie's than bad, it's just a shame that one or two make us all look bad.

As for your lost post no it is not acceptable and should be reported.

It was reported on over 50 occasions, the postman insisted he delivered everything, I did not get it. The problem is that if youy do not know some mail is coming how do you know it has not come? I WAS in S10, the postal (non) service (tapton office) was one of the reasons I moved. Like I said, I challenged the postman after seeing him fill out a while you were out card without trying to deliver and he reported me to his boss for threatening him. I didnt but now wish I had, People who are threatened by Me tend to know about it.

As an aside is there anywhere other than the delivery office where this can be reported as they obviously want to believe him or just cover up for him?

Yeah but how many of them 800 drops do you actualy do a day?

If you didn't already know, I used to work at Woodseats! And still keep in within the loop.

You are prob right, and we have all been saying for years, your office is tiny! Totley is tiny and is an old church. And well Woodseats is small and falling apart. It would be great if Royal Mail could combine all 3 offices together, cause lets face it all 3 offices are practicly in the same area.

Well apparently the East LDO is moving into the CDO later this year, so it looks like these things CAN happen.