Postal delivery

I'm lucky, my postie tends to not care if I'm not in for larger items, the early round one in his van, he just knocks, puts it on the floor, and leaves. The main on-foot postie puts my stuff outside the back door if theres no answer, and I've never had to sign for a recorded delivery yet :|

The postman can't win. I used to hunt round for convenient places to leave parcels and, on one occasion, I put a package through a window round the back and left a card saying I'd done this.

Many years later we were at a friend's house, which looked vaguely familiar, who, on finding out I used to be a postman, complained about a fresh quiche being ruined by someone pushing a parcel through the pantry window.

The postman can't win. I used to hunt round for convenient places to leave parcels and, on one occasion, I put a package through a window round the back and left a card saying I'd done this.

Many years later we were at a friend's house, which looked vaguely familiar, who, on finding out I used to be a postman, complained about a fresh quiche being ruined by someone pushing a parcel through the pantry window.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Here we go again,i thought it would be at least 6-7 month before we got slagged off.

At the rate postage is going up it is nearly cheaper to deliver your post in person rather than let the Royal Mail attempt to deliver.

How far will you get with 46p ?. :roll:

:bigsmile::hihi:

Here we go again,i thought it would be at least 6-7 month before we got slagged off.

At the rate postage is going up it is nearly cheaper to deliver your post in person rather than let the Royal Mail attempt to deliver.

How far will you get with 46p ?. :roll:

Make the Jocks have their own Postal Service. They won't get from Glasgow to the Orkneys for 46p.

72 Hours? I missed the postie this morning with my package which also needed signing for. I can pick it up tomorrow from the halfway depot, bloody glad about it too, its my red hair dye and there's no way i could've waited 72 hours for it!!! :o

72 Hours? I missed the postie this morning with my package which also needed signing for. I can pick it up tomorrow from the halfway depot, bloody glad about it too, its my red hair dye and there's no way i could've waited 72 hours for it!!! :o

Wonder if it depends on attempted delivery time then, whether it will get resorted the same day or not? hmmm

Halfway are on the new system where they have all their own fleet and everything is delivered by the persons doing the walk in that area (as opposed to having separate vans delivering large parcels). You may have seen all the RM vans parked in the 'park and ride' at the halfway tram terminus.

Edited by yorkiepudd

Wonder if it depends on attempted delivery time then, whether it will get resorted the same day or not? hmmm

It depends on a number of factors.

1- If the post person can get back to the delivery before they close the time will be 24 hours (to allow the office to re-sort the item for next day)

2- If it has to go back to brightside, the item goes back through the system hence 48 hours

3- If it happens to be a weekend or bank holiday this will be 72 hours.

I had a card a couple of weeks ago and being an ex postie thinking i knew the system i went after 48 hours and it was not there, I asked if i could book a re-delivery for the next and was told i could not because the item was not there and they only do this when they actually have the item to hand.

So I asked why would I ask for a re-delivery next day when i was there and so was the item? he told me to phone and do it, so I phoned next day only to get an answer phone and no-one to tell me if they had the item. So if you can post a packet and it be delivered next day then how come an item put back in the postbox takes up to 3 days to get back to the south east DO.

typical royal mail, but on the other hand where i am penistone s36, i can get a card if ive missed a parcel and collect it at 5pm the same day usually but my card has never been marked with longer than 24 hours. it goes straight to my local p.o