Roofing, guttering fascias, and soffits

With the recent mass amount of rain, I have noticed water appearing in my bathroom, on first inspection I thought it was from the hole for the sink waste, however I have done some more investigating and believe it runs all the way down the inside of the wall from the roof.

I have had a look at our gutters and they seem to be full of stuff growing in them and when it rains I have noticed that water runs down the front of the house just under the sofits.

The gutters seem to be old iron ones the fascia boards look wook and the sofits are wood, these a rotten in places.

The soil pipe is part iron and the fall pipe for the bathroom wastes is iron too.

Does it sound like the fascia, sofits and guttering are the likely candidates of my water ingress?

If these do need replacing what are the likely costs(I believe we have 6m of guttering on each side, and im not sure what condition the front of the house is in)? And any recommendations on people to carry the work out?

Many Thanks

Just to add our house is a end terraced with non joining gutters, the first floor construction is part wood, this is an example(not our house) - http://maps.google.com/maps?q=s6&hl=en&ll=53.431388,-1.498193&spn=0.006942,0.021136&sll=53.433354,-1.496286&sspn=0.006941,0.021136&t=h&radius=0.52&hq=s6&z=16&layer=c&cbll=53.431388,-1.498193&panoid=V8MaTTeHK1CZILP1G_X3nw&cbp=12,93.41,,0,3.65

Edited by Bonjon

I live in Fulwood so quite near to you. I'd be happy to call round at the weekend and take a look for you. Depending on what the problem is there are various options that you can consider. It may be that it's just the gutters that need cleaning if they haven't been done for a while.

Hi,

Could come out tomorrow and give you a quote, 25 years experience, David 07769811995 or 2305858

------------------------------------------------------

Floor2Ceiling

Hi all check out our fast efficient website where you can buy all of the above plus much more. We are competetive.

More than happy to quote with no obligation .use only top quality materials

We undertake this kind of work all the time and get regular feed back on here from customers. Happy to come and quote.

You can PM me or my contact details are on the URL below.

hi dan2802 always gets good feedback on the forum ta jeff

hi

if your gutters are filled with moss and rubble, the water maybe over filling and overflowing

hi dan2802 always gets good feedback on the forum ta jeff

Cheers Jeff.

Thanks for the referral at woodseats. Job sorted with a Minimum of fuss!

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Edited by hellyeah

Hi. i would be happy to provide you with a quote for the work

Matt Nightingale

We're looking to have the fascias replaced in the near future and wondered if anyone could give me a rough idea of what cost we would be looking at. Its a semi detached so it would be on 3 sides. I don't want quotes at the moment just a rough idea