Daughter's passed pre op assessment

I cannot thank everyone enough for their kind wishes & comments, I feel so much more relaxed & calm after reading through them, even my family noticed a difference in me today, I'm not going to sit around & wait for the phone to ring, I now know it won't matter where we are or what we are doing they can still contact us & even though 24 hr notice doesn't sound that long it is actually long enough because everything is packed & ready to go, I've decided to get back into knitting little bonnets & blankets for Jessops neo-natal unit while i'm sat post op with her.

That sounds a good idea. You may well need something like knitting or crochet, or even a crossword puzzle book to fidget with whilst waiting. I was in the RHH, myself, last week, for a couple of days, and took my crochet and a couple of crossword books:- they proved invaluable as a distraction, as I was stuck in my room, on drips, and could not move around much.

If everything's packed in readiness, then you can just pick the case up, and set off once you are notified of your daughter's admission.

I hope all goes well for her, and that your daughter has a swift and uneventful recovery. The staff looked after me wonderfully, whilst I was in, they were lovely. (same as when I was admitted to the NGH, 2 years ago for my pacemaker)

Thankyou again everyone for your great support, its amazing how reading through posts & writing to stangers makes you feel a little better. Since our daughters had her pre op the whole family seem much more relaxed. I've got out of the house more these last 4 days than I have done in the 2 months prior. Our daughters given my hubby, her dad all her bank details & log in info for everything, in case she forgets them when she comes round.

The saddest thing is shes given me & spoke about her wishes for if shes doesnt make it, I listened to her about funeral arrangements then once she left the room I locked my self in bathroom & wept for hrs

Thankyou again everyone for your great support, its amazing how reading through posts & writing to stangers makes you feel a little better. Since our daughters had her pre op the whole family seem much more relaxed. I've got out of the house more these last 4 days than I have done in the 2 months prior. Our daughters given my hubby, her dad all her bank details & log in info for everything, in case she forgets them when she comes round.

The saddest thing is shes given me & spoke about her wishes for if shes doesnt make it, I listened to her about funeral arrangements then once she left the room I locked my self in bathroom & wept for hrs

awwww bless her, am sure she will be fine, she is under the best surgeons and we are all supporting u and yr daughter, hope u r not waiting to long for the op get it over with and then the road to recovery xxx

You know what? If I'd had to sit and discuss funeral arrangements with someone like you have then I'd be sitting and sobbing too. Crying is normal as part of a coping mechanism and you're coping with one of the hardest things that you'll ever have to cope with.

It's also desperately important for your daughter to go through this process ahead of the operation, so by helping her to go through that you're doing the best for her that you can.

I'd consider you a bit unnatural if you didn't have a bit of a fall to pieces about your daughter's illness and what it could mean BTW- as scary as this process is, it's a lot more emotionally healthy to go through it than it is to wall it all up and try not to feel it all.

Willing you all every bit of strength that I can send to get you all through the operation until she's starting to make a recovery :)

thankyou again for your support & good wishes messages, my daughter received a call from hospital yesterday to say her blood & urine samples are contaminated, so I took her to walk-in centre to have them repeated immediately to save time, her urine & pregnancy test ( which they tested just in case) came back negative ( sighs of relieve ). Her blood results will be back Tues but hopefully none of these will delay her operation

thankyou again for your support & good wishes messages, my daughter received a call from hospital yesterday to say her blood & urine samples are contaminated, so I took her to walk-in centre to have them repeated immediately to save time, her urine & pregnancy test ( which they tested just in case) came back negative ( sighs of relieve ). Her blood results will be back Tues but hopefully none of these will delay her operation

Lets hope she is waiting to much longer x

Lets hope she is waiting to much longer x

At the pre op we were told it would be mid May so not long now. I did however ring the surgeons secretary up friday about urine results, she is off till Tuesday but stand-in secretary said, I think they have a date for your daughter now but I'm not allowed to tell you, she said get your daughter to ring back Tuesday for more info. So we have our fingers crossed its going to be end of next week, on a downside though my dad seems to be getting worse, he had a bad fall yesterday & now cannot get rid of headache, if he's no better when he gets up today were going to get him checked out

Awwwww your daughter is beautiful, my son has had a few operations, i find it hard to stay in hospital its frustrating knowing he is only a few yards away and you cant get near him until they say so, i now find it easier to go for walks outside of the hospital, they give you a pager thing that buzzes you when they come out of theatre so you can be with her when she is coming round, .......... she's lucky to have a lovely mum and dad like you, wishing you all the best, stay strong xxx

Hi, I can only echo the good reports of neuro wards in the hallamshire, I've got a brain tumour & had craniotomy there in 2009, they really are amazing.

It's scary enough having an op but one on yr brain is petrifying but she will be in the best hands.

I think there is a little room attached to N1 for relatives to wait but my family stayed home and waited for the call from my surgeon, they had arrived on the ward before I did because you can be in recovery for quite a while but mine wasa very long op.

I've said Lots before its sometimes easier being the patient but since my diagnosis I've become a mom & can't imagine my boy being poorly so my heart goes out to you.

Keep strong

X

Ive added a new thread x