Any flood warnings in Sheffield/Rotherham (April 2012)?

Given how dire the weather is at the moment I wondered whether anyone has noticed if the rivers are looking high or if flooding is likely. Sorry if there's already a thread on this but I checked the government's Environment site and saw the Don is on flood alert from Penistone to Kelham Island. Anyone know what it's looking like down there? Last time it flooded family members suffered, I'd hate it to happen again!

Sorry if there's another thread on this, by the way. I couldn't find one but if there is could my post be added, thanks :)

Took a look at the Don at Meadowhall about an hour ago. Its still quite a way off bursting its banks there but its very very high. The weir?? At the back of the Oasis is all but gone. Plenty of localised flooding. Under the railway bridge at Fife street is only just passable. About 2 feet deep.

Edited by Bethsmummy

the river don at winn gardens middlewood is high i think they might have issued a flood warning aswell

Can anyone tell me if they have noticed any flooding or how high the river is in S6.

I live near leppings lane and i'm really worried about flooding can't leave the house to check myself as i don't want my little one getting cold and wet.

The traffic seems to be moving slow on leppings lane.

Theres a yellow warning out for yorkshire at the moment, wondering if i should risk going into my cellar with the spiders and sorting the stuff we have stored down there :/

You're better off looking HERE for any warnings..

At the moment, it's just on flood alert, no real warnings as yet..

Edit to add: No alerts or warnings for your area..HERE

Edited by sarah1

Had a look can't see leppings lane on the no warnings bit but the husband is completely adamant that its not going to flood, can't help but be worried mind you but will see how it goes.

Had a look can't see leppings lane on the no warnings bit but the husband is completely adamant that its not going to flood, can't help but be worried mind you but will see how it goes.

Read the link at the bottom of my last post.. It shows there are no warnings or alerts in your area.. :)

I work at the side of the Don in Neepsend and though its racing through and has risen since yesterday its a long way from flooding.

Traffic in your area is always slow so no change there and the council have learned from last time and cleared the blockages so relax, remember the 2007 flood was the first for over a hundred years

The day when there was that major flood, didnt it rain just the same amount yesterday? Seemed so heavy and for so long just like that day it flooded. Maybe the reason it isnt flooding like that again is because adjustments have been put in place since, im not sure.

Edited by charlie_boy