Surname HOBSON in sheffield

I once knew someone called Karen Hobson who lived in the Greenland area of Darnall.

Hiya, my grandfathers dad was born and bread in sheffield and am trying to find any distant family in sheffield.

My grandads dad was called Ernest Hobson born 1901 and he a younger sister called Lucy hobson and then a yonger brother called Bernard Hobson they were all born in sheff between 1901-1910

There parents were called Ernest & Lucy Hobson

Has any one in sheff got any of the above in their family tree ????

Hi

I have the above named persons in my tree. But as they are copied from the census/free BMD I can't say how true it is.

I have a Ernest b1900-d1966 marry a Alice Brearley b1901-d1975 m1918

pm me please

I have two different Hobson connections in my family. My mother's sister was a Hobson through marriage - Eric Hobson. Also one of my Father's sisters married someone named Hobson who was no relation to the other one. All from Sheffield. If this might be of interest I can get more details for you.

Grannypat

Edited by grannypat
spelling

I worked with a Dave Hobson he would have been 16/17 in 1966. Sorry don,t know where in Sheffield he lived.

my grandma was a Hobson,from Woodhouse Mill,she had brothers Colin and Gladwin as far as I know,all long dead.

Didn't think cameras were arould in 1850

Yes they were.

From Wikipedia.

Daguerreotype camera built by La Maison Susse Frères in 1839, with a lens by Charles Chevalier.

Hi

I have the above named persons in my tree. But as they are copied from the census/free BMD I can't say how true it is.

I have a Ernest b1900-d1966 marry a Alice Brearley b1901-d1975 m1918

pm me please

How are you doing? I have a branch of Hobson's (couple named Ernest) in my tree as well. Would you like to chat off line? 'guywithgenes@shaw.ca'

Hiya, my grandfathers dad was born and bread in sheffield and am trying to find any distant family in sheffield.

My grandads dad was called Ernest Hobson born 1901 and he a younger sister called Lucy hobson and then a yonger brother called Bernard Hobson they were all born in sheff between 1901-1910

There parents were called Ernest & Lucy Hobson

Has any one in sheff got any of the above in their family tree ????

Hi Thesquidgy1,

I have no idea what made me look at this Forum but the second post I looked at was yours. Ernest and Lucy Hobson were my maternal great grandparents and Lucy obviously my Grandmother. The Young Ernest did indeed marry Alice as has been mentioned in another reply. Bernard married Doris. Your Grandad must have been Jack who married Vera, which probably means your Mum is Carol. I have a comprehensive family tree which I'm sure you would find very interesting. I can't email you with further information yet until I have completed five posts but you could mail me if you wish. Regards, D

I also have a Hobson family that I am trying to connect. My GGreat Grandfather was John William Hobson who was married to Anne Smith. John's father was Nicholas Hobson (c 1849) who was married to Mary Anne Hanson. And Nicholas's father was Benjamin Hobson married to Ruth Walker. John William Hobson and Anne Smith immigrated to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada in the early 1900's. John William had a brother named Ernest. Let me know if any of these sound familiar.

I also have a Hobson family that I am trying to connect. My GGreat Grandfather was John William Hobson who was married to Anne Smith. John's father was Nicholas Hobson (c 1849) who was married to Mary Anne Hanson. And Nicholas's father was Benjamin Hobson married to Ruth Walker. John William Hobson and Anne Smith immigrated to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada in the early 1900's. John William had a brother named Ernest. Let me know if any of these sound familiar.

Sorry BradK, but none of these are familiar to me. I will check out these names though to see if there is a link on the periphery of my tree.

Sorry BradK, but none of these are familiar to me. I will check out these names though to see if there is a link on the periphery of my tree.

That would be great. Thank you for your help.