Pro-life demo in Meadowhall on Saturday.

This discussion is being hijacked by the crazy people now. The Meadowhall 'vigil' is obviously over and they're all back hiding behind their monitors. For that reason, I'm out!

I don't have any problem sleeping, because I remember what it was like before the Act was passed. Women died, or their health was ruined because of back street practitioners, or they were forced to go through with an unwanted pregnancy, and then forced give up their baby at the end of it or keep it and have the innocent little child judged and called names. And most of this horror was caused by judgmental people, trying to make other people feel guilty and that they're doing something wrong. People like you?

If the world wasn't harbouring so many judgmental types, it'd be a much better place. No-one makes these sorts of decisions lightly no matter what people like you might think.

And my name is not Alision. It's not Ruby either, come to that - but it's a bit late to start arguing about that now!

Totally right, Ruby. we cannot allow society to return to the horrific times Pre Dr David Steele's 1967 Act, where women were dropping like flies due to botched backstreet abortions.

It's ok Tony montana and sheffgrow will look after all these unwanted babies. It's what the planet needs, more people.

Are you going to let catholic priests do the babysitting ?

Eye colour can be determined by simple Mendel-ian calculations, based on the eye colours of the parents.
That may be so, but only if you know who the parents are! One of them is known, of course, but who the father might be could be the subject of much angst! :hihi:

The people that agree with abortion are really shameful

No, we support the right of a woman to have autonomy over her own reproductive health. There's nothing shameful about that.

It's sad that you can't see the funny side of things. I'm guessing that's a little personal for you.

Oh, and no, you have no idea where I'm coming from on this or any other subject.

I can only judge on what you post ... and I think I have a pretty good idea by now. Is there a funny side? if there is, I'm obviously not sad enough to be able to see it, unlike yourself. Ask someone who's trying to come to terms with a decision about this, and see what they think, eh?

As I said in an earlier post - abortion, like homophobia or euthanaesia, is never going to be made obligatory. So what makes it your business what other people you don't even know do? There are far worse things going on that you could make your concern and even do something about, don't you think?

I said I was out, and I appear to be still in ... damn! Anyway I have to go and do some fun stuff now ... so l8rz.

If you cannot remain civil then the thread will be closed.

Please note that naming forummers is going to get you a ban as is name calling and abuse.

I am female and it is as simple as my body my choice. While that foetus is still just a bunch of cells and feeding off me, like a parasite, then if I choose to evict it then I am with my rights.

I am female and it is as simple as my body my choice. While that foetus is still just a bunch of cells and feeding off me, like a parasite, then if I choose to evict it then I am with my rights.

Until the State tries to take control of your uterus and gives more rights to the parasite than it does to you. It's a good job the Catholics have been kicked into touch or we could be living like Eire or Poland where it is nearly impossible to get an abortion unless you have money.

I can only judge on what you post ... and I think I have a pretty good idea by now. Is there a funny side? if there is, I'm obviously not sad enough to be able to see it, unlike yourself. Ask someone who's trying to come to terms with a decision about this, and see what they think, eh?

As I said in an earlier post - abortion, like homophobia or euthanasia, is never going to be made obligatory. So what makes it your business what other people you don't even know do? There are far worse things going on that you could make your concern and even do something about, don't you think?

I said I was out, and I appear to be still in ... damn! Anyway I have to go and do some fun stuff now ... so l8rz.

What makes it my business? Well, countries that have a population imbalance are in a mess. If enough people in this country abort girls, for religious reasons or other stupidity, then we are heading the same way, and you can imagine what it will be like in some parts of town with just a percentage or two too many men looking for a wife! There's a reason why our male/female ratio is naturally set at 50:50, and if you think it's a good idea to mess with that, then you might not have thought it through. Sure abortion's not going to be obligatory, but if it becomes enough of a trend, if it's allowed to, then it will, because there are plenty of people out there who would abort a girl to try to get a boy the next time.

Abortion's great for eliminating genetic defects, and for the genuine health and well-being of the woman, excessive children etc., but mess with the natural order of things at your peril!

As a side note, there are men who would like male foetuses to be aborted in large numbers, because it would give them an otherwise impossible opportunity to get hitched to a pretty girl. Older women may feel the same way about aborting female babies, as it increases their chances of bagging an attractive younger male partner. Do we really want either situation though? No, and that's why the male:female ratio must stay at 50:50, and that's why the sex of a child should not be chosen without a sound, non-religious, non-cultural, non-wanting a 'complete set' type reason.

Imagine a boy finding out that his mother aborted his younger sister so that she could have him instead. Would he think fondly of her, or would he be pretty terrified of the cold and calculating psycho's decision that caused him to be?

As for funny: everything has a funny side - well almost! If a person trapped their finger in a car door and it fell onto the pavement, rolled towards the kerb and got picked up by a cat, which ran-off to eat it, that could be funny with the right camera work and music. It all depends. :hihi: Lighten up! :D

Edited by Aleksandr
Speling erur

I have no time for the pro-life fundamentalists, I see no logic in campaigning for an outright ban when there are very legitimate reasons for a termination.

But I also find the pro-choice fundamentalist stance equally abhorrent. The right to terminate at will, on demand, for any reason, even for what amounts to selective breeding, is not what was intended in 1967.

Edited by mj.scuba

I have no time for the pro-life fundamentalists, I see no logic in campaigning for an outright ban when there are very legitimate reasons for a termination.

But I also find the pro-choice fundamentalist stance equally abhorrent. The right to terminate at will, on demand, for any reason, is not what was intended in 1967.

spot on. Pro choice private matter, keep religion and politics out of it.