Beware: Animals being poisoned in Stannington

Just been told this horrific news from my friend. 4 dogs have died from poisoning in the past 2 weeks as a result of being walked in Stannington Park. Also in the past few months I have found 3 large Bonio biscuits in my gardens which are not from me as I do not buy Bonio. I really think some sick horrid person has it in for the animals in the area... The cat at the top of our garden returned home last week covered in Jeyes Fluid. This is evil. I hope they find the sicko that did this. Has anyone else had biscuits in their garden?

You might get better answers in the pet section.

There are many pet owners in Sheffield (and on the forum) who do not visit the pet forum on here, so it would be useful if this thread were allowed to remain on Sheffield Discussions

It would also be useful if the media would take this up

Anybody fancy making a few phone calls?

I think that it will reach a wider audience here myself...not saying that people will be nice about it or anything though :suspect:

There are some evil people about :(

There are many pet owners in Sheffield (and on the forum) who do not visit the pet forum on here, so it would be useful if this thread were allowed to remain on Sheffield Discussions

I've already contacted the Star Strix and made as many people as I can aware on Facebook

Has anyone considered ringing the police to see if these stories are for real??

Just going on the fact it had 89 views and no replies,and now it's been posted in the pets section too there are replies....

To the op this is really bad,I reckon the media should defo get involved..Hallam fm,Sheffield star etc.

My OH volunteers with Action for Stannington who are based in Stannington Park and look after it. I'll make sure that the manager is alerted & that, if there have been incidents, as reported here, we let you know.

i have spoken to police and 101 service and there have been no reports from people who's dogs have died due to eating anything in stannington park. i would still be cautious when walking your dog anywhere to make sure they are not picking anything up and eating it.

Whilst commuting in the car the other day I heard a similar story of animals being poisoned in Nottingham I think it was on the radio. Maybe Somebody told a little white lie and brought it a little closer to home? This then escalated and so on and so forth?

I think now Vikki has contacted 101 this should put peoples head at rest a little after presumably being concerned for their animals welfare when walking. Might be worth being slightly cautious when out walking just in case but hopefully a non-starter and it can be forgotten.

On topic I hope anyone who harms animals gets the book thrown at them, disgusting!

Hi there, I have been reading through your comments on this story, I am a journalist at Real Radio and would like to cover this story. I wondered if anyone had any information they could give me to call Natalie on 0113 307 1444

Hi I'm a reporter for JUS News a local Sheffield community news website.

I'm keen to write a story on this, could anyone who has been affected please contact me on 07875 496 428 or email me at [email protected]

Or send me a message and I can give you a call

Thanks

Mark