DLA Form Filling - Please Advice

Can someone please suggest anyone that can help me fill this extremelly long disability living allowance form for my 4 year old.

He had severe speech delay and we have been told by the speech therapist he may be entitled to it.

Is there any organisations that can help you with this?

Thanks

These forms are designed to be as complicated as possible to put people off from claiming.

I think Citizens advice bureau would be the first place for advice.

as I said in the other thread about filling in DWP forms, contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau for an appointment, they will help you. (they know the best way to phrase your comments to make sure the people receiving the form can make the decision, like "tick-words")

Thanks which CAB do u reccomend in Sheffield best suited to help me with this? I don't mind travelling around town.

I actually live in S5 area

Are there any support groups for this disability ??? I have used the services of Macmillan for various issues. They usually have contacts, benefits advisors etc. Whatever you do, dont attempt it yourself, you do need the help of an expert. Seek out the appropriate support/back up organisation and take it from there. The claim will be paid from when you requested the pack.

Also how long do the appointments last to complete it all.

Am I best taking the full day off work?

Dont forget your household income ! Since these disgraceful ******** came into power without a mandate, they altered the rules on CAB. If you now earn over a certain amount, CAB wont even talk to you. I know all too well !

Edited by heeleyson

Dont forget your household income ! Since these disgraceful ******** came into power without a mandate, they altered the rules on CAB. If you now earn over a certain amount, CAB wont even talk to you. I know all too well !

Only on certain issues and only if it's a matter needing legal aid, which is means-tested. You're implying advice services won't speak to anyone earning over a certain amount but that isn't true.

If the OP lives in S5 then Hillsborough, FoxHill/Parson Cross and Firth Park advice centres will be the nearest. Or ring the number here http://www.advicesheffield.org.uk/get-advice/find-an-advice-service. DLA forms will take about 2 hours.

Only on certain issues and only if it's a matter needing legal aid, which is means-tested. You're implying advice services won't speak to anyone earning over a certain amount but that isn't true.

If the OP lives in S5 then Hillsborough, FoxHill/Parson Cross and Firth Park advice centres will be the nearest. Or ring the number here http://www.advicesheffield.org.uk/get-advice/find-an-advice-service. DLA forms will take about 2 hours.

My local CAB employee told me he could no longer see me as we were just over the threshold. This was to fill in a form and not legal aid. I could however be seen by a part time volunteer.

If you are a single parent, try SCOOPAid at Norfolk Park. They are excellent.

Sorry I'm not a single parent. Will scooaid still help also have u got their tel no.

Thanks