Edison Sytle Antique Light Bulbs

My wife and I saw these great light bulbs in a cafe whilst on holiday in Wales and we really want to get some for our house. However, I can't find any online in the UK, only from American websites. Does anyone know where they are available in the UK?

Edited by Mercenary

With the push on climate change etc, I would have thought the EU would deem these bulbs not available for sale in UK.

OUCH! they're expensive!

With the push on climate change etc, I would have thought the EU would deem these bulbs not available for sale in UK.

You'd only use these lamps for special applications. The cost and poor lumen output mean they're not really a viable option to use throughout a home.

Are any of these any good?

Top stuff that's exactly what I'm after cheers!

Probably not but you can't stop the internet. :)

You'd only use these lamps for special applications. The cost and poor lumen output mean they're not really a viable option to use throughout a home.

Not that I am too bothered about it but the website does have this info on:

The Green Stuff (ie. the environment, not cash)

Glass, brass & tungsten, sometimes a little inert gas is also used. Unlike modern LED and CFL ('energy efficient') light sources Righi lightbulbs contain no toxic materials (mecury, lead etc) and do not have to be disposed of in controlled conditions.

Old fashioned (incandescent) lighting consumes more energy per watt than more modern alternatives, that is a fact (though the exact amount is a hotly debated subject), but until someone invents a technology that can get close to its incredible warmth and colour spectrum, incandescent lighting will continue to be the preferred choice of people looking for cosy and atmospheric lighting.

Like all Urban Cottage Industries products Righi lightbulbs are manufactured in the proper European working conditions our forebears fought hard to establish. You are welcome to come and look around our manufacturing location, we guarantee you will like what you see. We package using recycled paper and card. We don't use any polythene wrappings, packaging or tapes - so everything is easy and efficient to recycle.

John Lewis in town sell similar ones or search their website for Calex bulbs.