Beginners Women Basketball

THE “HAVAGO” SESSION

DO YOU WANT EXERCISE?.......DO YOU WANT FUN?......DO YOU WANT THE CHANCE TO TRY ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR SPORTS IN THE WORLD?

THEN COME ALONG TO OUR NEW SESSION AND ‘HAVAGO’

NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED

THE ONLY REQUIREMENT IS YOU MUST BE FEMALE AND OVER 18

ALL WELCOME (AND WE MEAN ALL)

Tuesdays: 6.30-8.00pm (starting 1st May)

All Saints Sports Centre, Norfolk Park Rd (Goals)

Cost: £2.50

Hey babble232,

I'm glad I came across this post tonight. I've been meaning to get into sports again for a while now but have been too busy with studies and work. I have more free time so have been thinking about taking up basketball, maybe play with a team eventually (if possible cause I have no idea). I've missed being involved in a fun sport and its been a while since I played so i'm glad you have the beginners session.

so I'll hopefully see you Tuesday 1st May?

Cat

Hi Cat

I think you'll find it a good session. Betty Codona is leading it and she is a very experieced coach so a great person to learn the game from.

See you on 1st May!

Hi just spotted this thread, I'm guessing it's still active?? Really wanting to get involved in basketball, I know the basics but would like to do something regularly. This sounds ideal... Will there be opps to play matches etc or is it completely for fun?

Hi

I'd be interested in joining, is it OK to turn up next week?

Susan

Susan- it is fine to just turn up.

Cottbott- there won't be matches at this session but I'm entering two teams into the Sheffield Summer Basketball League so if you'd like to play matches you'd be welcome to join that.

I should be there on Tues so can chat to you about it then. Katie

I think you'll find it a good session.

Hi there, is it possible to join at any time? I wouldn't be able to make it until Tues 22nd!...Would that be too late on?

Hi- come down to a session any time. Tues 22nd is fine.

Hi, I have been looking to start either netball or basketball recently but am definitely a novice! I played netball at school but not in leagues etc.. Would love to come this Tuesday if you still have spaces? Is it based in the sports hall at goals football centre? If I come along this Tuesday would that be ok?

Cheers

Helen

Hi Captain5Hats

You are very welcome to along on Tuesday. The sessions have changed from coaching to just playing sessions. All experience levels welcome. If you say to the organiser at the start that you haven't played before people should give you some coaching as you're playing too.

I will be there but will prob be a bit late.

Hopefully see you there

Katie