Shocking abuse of the Elderly.

That was a secret camera placed by the daughter.

Something like this would facilitate such action if you were worried about someone in a similar situation.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pen+camera&x=0&y=0

I'd hazard that it's technically illegal to do such things though... :suspect:

I know the ladies daughter planted a camera.And you are correct from a legal point of view regarding installing cameras,so what else could be done?

It's a hard one to call,because the staff will have been CBR checked.

A lot of people will say,'well what do you expect,employing immigrants' But,i personally know of a few instances where abuse in some shape or form has been committed by our own UK nationals.

And i must add...Those found guilty of abuse where dismissed,and taken to court.

It's a hard one to call,because the staff will have been CBR checked.

What's that ;)

Another disgraceful thing is that the Care Quality Commision department who are given the responsibiliy of inspecting these Care Homes are passing them off as satisfactory when they are not carrying out these inspections properly.They should visit these homes un-announced and during the night if there have been complaints.It would make you question whether they are regulated and run efficiantly.

http://www.cqc.org.uk/

That's right janie!

I can't understand why this isn't compulsory for the Care Commission.

It would keep care home managers constantly on their toes,and staff also.

What's that ;)

What's what spooky?

What's what spooky?

The CBR, isn't that who Jane works for in The Mentalist?

I didn't realise that males are allowed to give personal care to females.I know females are allowed to give personal care to males though.

Yes that was another form of mental abuse,because this lady was not mentally capabable of giving permission.

Unfortunately care work is very low paid, so you will not get a good batch of applicants for the job.

There has been an influx of overseas health workers flood into the country who are not as good as those already here (and I mean of all nationalities already here.)

Because its low paid the companies have to employ dubious "professionals" because there's no-one else to do it.

Voice and sound recognition, a slap and such should be quite distinctive...?

But what if the picks up on some old person having a bit of 'ahem' personal playtime in their bed. Even oldies have feelings you know.:D

But what if the picks up on some old person having a bit of 'ahem' personal playtime in their bed. Even oldies have feelings you know.:D

I think you'd be able to tell the difference, especially if you mix in the RFID tags and hallway video feed.

The CBR, isn't that who Jane works for in The Mentalist?

Haha! yeh.

Enhanced disclosure is what i meant.

Unfortunately care work is very low paid, so you will not get a good batch of applicants for the job.

There has been an influx of overseas health workers flood into the country who are not as good as those already here (and I mean of all nationalities already here.)

Because its low paid the companies have to employ dubious "professionals" because there's no-one else to do it.

If it doesn't get any better in the future,i dread what could happen to those of us with parents,and ourselves included?

If it doesn't get any better in the future,i dread what could happen to those of us with parents,and ourselves included?

We'll drive off Beechy Head in an old Ford Cortina when its time to cash the chips in...