Bicep Exercises & Pressups

Is there any reason you just want to build your biceps?

If its purely to fill your t-shirt then focus on the triceps instead, they're a much larger muscle compared to the bicep and can be built using body-weight based push exercises like pushups and dips, so no free weights needed.

If you're fixed on building the bicep, you'll need to find pull exercises to target them. If you don't have access to free weights, why no knock out some pull ups on a (strong) overhanging tree branch.

That's a good point- the triceps are around twice the size of the biceps, and, I've noticed, since doing a lot of dips/presses/pushups that my arms look bigger, despite not doing much that specifically targets the biceps.

But then surely your resistance would depend on the strength of your arm, and since both arms would be roughly the same strength you wouldn't get anywhere.

Thats a fair amount of resistance. Weights preferable obviously.

Not really wanting to just build Biceps. Just wanting to trying and build up my overall strength.

It was really just out of curiosity that I ask as it seems you can build strength in most other muscles from using your own body weight without the need for any other equipment.

Not really wanting to just build Biceps. Just wanting to trying and build up my overall strength.

It was really just out of curiosity that I ask as it seems you can build strength in most other muscles from using your own body weight without the need for any other equipment.

Squats and Dealifts if you have access to a gym.

Freestanding squats, press ups, tiger press ups, etc., if you are at home with no equipment.

That apparent discrepency is only the case because, in our environment, there happens to be a lot less overhead grabable things than there is floor.

If we lived in woods, for example, working the biceps would be easy- just grab a branch and do some chins, or, climb a tree using mainly the arms.

In that case, would the branches be counted as 'equipment'?

If so, then, arguably, the floor used for working triceps/chest in push-ups, could similarly be classed as equipment.

You could always get one of these which will allow you to do a full arm workout in your own home (bi and tri). Not very heavy but good for someone who is starting

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Purefitness-Weight-Plates-Bar-Collars-Included/dp/B001CSYOMO/ref=sr_1_4?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1335437038&sr=1-4

use a towel and get someone to hold ends and you grab middle and curl arms like bicep curls, only you know the resistance yu can curl so come to an agreement with partner the rep for amount and sets required, this will help tone but not really a builder, try it and see how it works for you, i did it for about 6 months and found definition came out on arms really well can also work for triceps too if you think of possition you want wether press down or kick back you decide which works best.