Drayton res, any1 been lately?

hi all just wounderd if anyone has fished here lately? and what is it like, (carp)

we all going down there on the 6th, so just trying to get a heads up, on the place/do's/don'ts,

or any other places we could go, (day sessions) sundays,

A few guys i fished with on Saturday/ Sunday fished Drayton a few weeks back, between them in 48 hours they had around 1800lbs of carp out. Thats between 3 of them with 2 rods each.

Even shown me a picture of a hair rigged haribo gummy bear that they caught on.

wow thats some going, by anychance do you know the adverage size they was pulling,

Biggest was 21lb but majority of fish in drayton are around the 14lb mark. Almost all of them are mirrors, they say 1/500 are commons.

If your on facebook search Drayton Reservoir, there are some lovely pics on there.

14 is good enough, as my P'B is only 9 so id be more than happy with a 14, thanks sully!

Let us all know how you get on.

Yeah will do! There's 5 or 6 of us going but only doing the day session (dawn/dusk) going 2 week yesterday, but will deffo post on this thread,

Thanks again,

if you dont beat your pb at drayton mate take up golf ;) ive been told zyg rigs are the method mate spodding in pellets groundbait and condensed milk to create a cloud, most methods will work though and my mates who fish it regularly wind a rod in at night so they can get some sleep!!

im counting the days, I love it But think ive been over complicating things for myself as the ammount of diff bait/tactics ive been trying are unreal, heres a example for you, we went to messingham sunday, and this was the bait I took, meat (plain) meat bacon, meat (chilli,salt soaked), boillies (monster crab), pop up boillies (coconut cream), cheese, pepperarmy (hot n spicy), floating dog biscuits (floater), imertation corn (red/yellow), some bright yellow dumb bells (sweet smelling), I also started tieing my own hairs, so its at the stage where im getting my rods out and changing baits methods evry hour 1 rod at a time so each rod is out for 2 hours at a time, I'm even tried poped up foam/cork dipped in flavour, by the end of it tho I ended up with 19 on the bank, but most was off top with dog biscuits, thing is I dont like to go knowing I have a sertan bait at home, cos If I was to get there and a sertan 1 was smashing it but I'd left it at home Id be gutted lol lol oh I've even got marine pellets for hook and pells in smaller sizes as freebis, pva bags/mesh and the list gos on and on, :huh::huh:

don't suppose they said how far up off ground they was zigging did they?????

you are definitely over complicating things mate, fair enough it is handy to have all them baits with you but you dont have to use them. what i would do on using a 2 rod setup would be have 1 rod as your main rod and fish a method you are confident with and stick with it, then on the second rod experiment with different methods and baits and if you start catching stick it out with that method.

yeah but thats the thing, I only took it up late last season, so im finding my feet realy, about 2 mnt b4 end then went piking for abit, first time with that aswell lol thats why im trying to bend a few ppl's ears lol so sorry if im doing your head in with all the questions,

in abit ill run through my rod set up and see what you think, (if you don't mind)???