What is Foxhill like?

fox hill isn't as bad as it used to be. the wasteland where the new housing complex was started is a bit of a mess though. the fox and hounds pub (formerly the fox) is excellent.

five minutes walk to open countryside is a benefit of living there.

lived up foxhill most of my life and even when i moved away i still came back. u get rough areas on every estate and most of them are worse than foxhill. my children didnt go to foxhill school because it has gone downhill since i went there (a million yrs ago). its within easy access of hillsborough, meadowhall & town with the bus routes and is only a short walk away from the countryside.

We have friends who've recently bought at Foxhill and it seems fine every time we've visited. They're very happy there and have no complaints. We're just up the road in Grenoside and if you could get the kids in Grenoside school then you will be giving them an excellent start in life.

Foxhill schools sounds a bit iffy by all accounts.

I lived at Hillsborough all my early life and Foxhill had a shocking reputation, so when i needed somewhere to live a few years ago foxhill was about my only option if i wanted to stay around this end. Wasnt looking forward to the idea but didn't have a choice really. Lived there for about 18 months and completely changed my mind. I've lived in loads of places around sheffield and never had such good neighbours as when i lived on Foxhill. Everywhere has its share of idiots but thats life nowadays.

I'm sure most primary schools are pleasant - the fact is Foxhill primary is not a good school. It is right at the bottom of the league table. I dont care how pleasant it is if it is failing. How is a pleasant but rubbish school going to help my child. Give me a pleasant but highly achieving school any day.

Foxhill is not a nice area no matter what excuses people throw at it. Some nice people absoultely, but sadly brought way down by a lot of not so nice people. I would reccommend avoiding.

Not every one is fortunate to get there child into the PERFECT school, so have to go where they are placed.... If the child is willing to learn they will do well at either an under or highly achieving school............:rant:

If the child is willing to learn they will do well at either an under or highly achieving school............

So going by this logic, children who go to Foxhill Primary are not willing to learn? I doubt that. Its the school that is failing to give the kids a good education.

For every one bad comments there at least 10 good ones that must tell you something

I bought a house on the Browning Road side and lived there for 5 years. I hated every minute and couldn't wait to leave. We lived on a cul-de-sac and had chavs doing hand break turns in the middle of the night, riot vans at all hours. A few doors up was a house full of drug dealers whivh was the meeting place for all the scum of the area. Wolfe Road park is a s**t hole, covered in s**t. As for it being a good school, just look at the league tables - its really not! Best thing I ever did leaving, and I would have left earlier if I could have sold my house quicker. I've never lived on a council estate before buying here and if this is one of the better ones, then I really dread to think what the others are like. Now living in Oughtibridge and loving it, nice respectful people, great school and not a chav or staffy in sight! Love it!

Exactly the same problems back in the late 70s that area.

Not every one is fortunate to get there child into the PERFECT school, so have to go where they are placed.... If the child is willing to learn they will do well at either an under or highly achieving school............:rant:

In my experience the thing that makes most difference at any school is parental support.

It is a bit of an excrement hole full of chavs and people like me.

It can't be that bad its very close to Grenoside.