What is Foxhill like?

ive been here about 17 months i love it and so do my kids im off keats roads

We bought on Foxhill 5yrs ago (Grimsell area), and couldn't wish for nicer neighbours, we back right onto the open fields and countryside, parking is a major problem all around Foxhill(I installed a drive), the only other problem is the wind, rain, cold and snow in Winter!!

i agree we have a drive and its still hard to get on that when its school days..we have just put in to buys our house.

I bought a house on the Browning Road side and lived there for 5 years. I hated every minute and couldn't wait to leave. We lived on a cul-de-sac and had chavs doing hand break turns in the middle of the night, riot vans at all hours. A few doors up was a house full of drug dealers whivh was the meeting place for all the scum of the area. Wolfe Road park is a s**t hole, covered in s**t. As for it being a good school, just look at the league tables - its really not! Best thing I ever did leaving, and I would have left earlier if I could have sold my house quicker. I've never lived on a council estate before buying here and if this is one of the better ones, then I really dread to think what the others are like. Now living in Oughtibridge and loving it, nice respectful people, great school and not a chav or staffy in sight! Love it!

There are some really reasonable houses for rent at the moment but I'm reluctant to move there due to the bad rep... not sure if it's deserved but not prepared to find out if it means getting hassle/burgled etc

Most areas have mixed reps I've lived at Foxhill for many years and not had a problem yet. You can always look on the police web site for crime map call out ect

I bought a house on the Browning Road side and lived there for 5 years. I hated every minute and couldn't wait to leave. We lived on a cul-de-sac and had chavs doing hand break turns in the middle of the night, riot vans at all hours. A few doors up was a house full of drug dealers whivh was the meeting place for all the scum of the area. Wolfe Road park is a s**t hole, covered in s**t. As for it being a good school, just look at the league tables - its really not! Best thing I ever did leaving, and I would have left earlier if I could have sold my house quicker. I've never lived on a council estate before buying here and if this is one of the better ones, then I really dread to think what the others are like. Now living in Oughtibridge and loving it, nice respectful people, great school and not a chav or staffy in sight! Love it!

Ok, so the school may not be top of the league table, but it IS a nice plesant school with great teachers, just because it isnt top of the league does'nt make it rubbish.

As for no chavs or staffys in oughtibridge i've seen plenty in the park with there cans of alcohol, smoking, spitting and swearing!!!!!

I'm sure most primary schools are pleasant - the fact is Foxhill primary is not a good school. It is right at the bottom of the league table. I dont care how pleasant it is if it is failing. How is a pleasant but rubbish school going to help my child. Give me a pleasant but highly achieving school any day.

Foxhill is not a nice area no matter what excuses people throw at it. Some nice people absoultely, but sadly brought way down by a lot of not so nice people. I would reccommend avoiding.

I like fox hill a lot.

I used to live on the flats before they got knocked down and went to fox hill school and can't fault it. Only reason we had to leave is cause a n**head burgled us and i know that sounds bad but he had it out for us and we have no idea why. Its completely changed now anyway, with the flats being knocked down and new houses being built.

Always wanted a house right at the top backing out onto those massive fields :D

I agree if had a choice I wouldn't choose Fox HIll, but no offence your very unlikely to get offered an exchange up at Dore.

Fox Hill like other posters have said can have its moments, but which area doesn't. On the whole Fox Hill is a safe / nice area, you could do worse.