British Gas making 500 people redundant

Just read on our local news programme website that British Gas are closing their Southampton Call Centre and making over 500 people redundant. More jobs going off shore!

Just read on our local news programme website that British Gas are clising their Southamptob Call Centre and making over 500 people redundant. More jobs going off shore!

Sorry for them like, but does this mean my bills will get cheaper, or that they will just make more profit?

Well Spooky3 I think it more likely the latter rather than the former.

Ugh, more Indian call centres! :rant::loopy:

Just cos they pay the indians peanuts compared to UK minimum wage! At least UK call centres actually speak legible English and know what they're talking about (mostly), unlike their Indian counterparts.

Sorry for them like, but does this mean my bills will get cheaper, or that they will just make more profit?

This, in a nutshell, is the problem with the kind of rampant capitalism we have today.

The compay's number one priority is to the shareholders not the customers, and last of all to the employees.

So the employees get made redundant, the customers get ripped off and the owners get richer.

I don't do Indian call centres so that's bye bye to British Gas:wave: