Has BBC Breakfast News become a non-news event?

Is it my imagination, but I've always watched the BBC Breakfast news, and always pretty much thought it was good. Now it's moved to Salford, it seems to me, that people (guests) that they have in the studio are pretty much insignificant, or people you've never heard of. I suspect that anyone who is anyone doesn't want to travel to Salford for a 5 minute slot on BF TV.

Not to mention, what I call the owl syndrome of the presenters. Pretty soon they'll have a compensation claim in for trying to turn their necks through 180 degrees to see the screen that their interviewing someone 100's of miles away...again!...They spend more time swivelling around to talk to someone on screen than i've ever noticed before.

Do you think the BBC has dropped a clanger moving everything to Salford?

The BBC news channel makes me sick. It's so 'lefty' it's sickening. Who's in charge? - hippies ?

The BBC news channel makes me sick. It's so 'lefty' it's sickening. Who's in charge? - hippies ?

I'm only guessing mind.....But you're not a fan?....lol

Is it my imagination, but I've always watched the BBC Breakfast news, and always pretty much thought it was good. Now it's moved to Salford, it seems to me, that people (guests) that they have in the studio are pretty much insignificant, or people you've never heard of. I suspect that anyone who is anyone doesn't want to travel to Salford for a 5 minute slot on BF TV.

Not to mention, what I call the owl syndrome of the presenters. Pretty soon they'll have a compensation claim in for trying to turn their necks through 180 degrees to see the screen that their interviewing someone 100's of miles away...again!...They spend more time swivelling around to talk to someone on screen than i've ever noticed before.

Do you think the BBC has dropped a clanger moving everything to Salford?

Salford? I thought the BBC revolved around Leeds? :D

Sky news is much better in the mornings. If you can tolerate the charity ads every 10 mins. BBC Breakfast has always been very poor in my opinion. They try to be too nice, its quite sickening at times.

Sky news is much better in the mornings. If you can tolerate the charity ads every 10 mins. BBC Breakfast has always been very poor in my opinion. They try to be too nice, its quite sickening at times.

All the adverts on Sky News drives me bonkers, AND, I can't stand Eimon Holmes! The ITV news is utter rubbish. (Never been any good since Penny Smith left)

So I'm afraid the beeb news is the lesser of the evils in my view, but it's really gone down the pan since it moved to Salford!

BBC Breakfast's only saving grace is that Sian Williams is no longer on it.

They need to cut out the "what do you think? Ring, email, text or tweet us on...."

If I wanted to know armchair experts blinkered biased opinions on current events I'd come on here when I got up!

If I wanted to know armchair experts blinkered biased opinions on current events I'd come on here when I got up!

Oh, I quite liked Sian. Although she did 'look' anatomically incorrect, in that here head seemed too big for the body. The body seemed to get thinner on a daily basis.

As for the blinkered biased opinions on here...Well....that's half the entertainment of being here on the forum!..:hihi:

They need to cut out the "what do you think? Ring, email, text or tweet us on...."

I used to watch just for Sian twisting about in her short dresses. Grrrrrowl... :help:

Definitely agree with the next two bits though.

havent seen it since the move but it was always poor, even worse on a Saturday.

havent seen it since the move but it was always poor, even worse on a Saturday.

it's best first thing before they've settled in, especially before they turn all adverty with the guests and stuff.

Who says the BBC isn't commercial! It's one big commercial!