Happy St Georges Day :)

Credit should be given for all those involved with the Beavers, Cub and Scouts who organised and took part in the St Georges Day parades and services.

Wasn't St George actually Welsh? Not English? I don't really care anyway, all I care about is that it's the 30th anniversary of the Spectrum according to Google, the best home computer of the 80s IMO.

Wasn't St George actually Welsh? Not English? I don't really care anyway, all I care about is that it's the 30th anniversary of the Spectrum according to Google, the best home computer of the 80s IMO.
No Rich, he wasn't.

Credit should be given for all those involved with the Beavers, Cub and Scouts who organised and took part in the St Georges Day parades and services.

I'll pass that on ;)

You've spelt inglesh wrong. :loopy:

So have you, it's spelled English! :loopy::hihi:

Only the Brits could celebrate a Palestinian soldier as their patron saint and fly his flag as a symbol of Britishness and use it as a symbol of unity against err ..................... foreigners.

Only the Brits could celebrate a Palestinian soldier as their patron saint and fly his flag as a symbol of Britishness and use it as a symbol of unity against err ..................... foreigners.
I can't see the problem with it. It's a good symbol for a country like ours that welcomes people from all over the world. He was a Roman citizen, born in Palestine, lived in Turkey or somewhere and the idea of him was brought back to England after the Crusades, after being made a martyr by the infidel! I think he fits right in here.

And please don't call us Brits, it's so offensive.

I heard that the police have warned people not to display the England flag, or wear England football tops today due to racial conflicts, they also warned they would remove these and burn them in the street for people not obeying their warning.

On another note, a new batch of body bags have just been delivered to Meadowhall ahead of the impending terrorism attack.

Happy St Georges day :)

Mate have you not seen the news? You can get jailed for this now!

Do you mean only the Brits apart from people in Portugal, Gozo (Maltese island), Beiruit, Georgia, Bulgaria, Canada as well as Palestinian Christans, Boy Scouts of America etc etc who also celebrate St George?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patronages_of_Saint_George

Happy St Georges Day. I couldn't find my flag this morning though. :(

Happy St Georges Day everyone,but why are there never any celebrations?

Do you mean only the Brits apart from people in Portugal, Gozo (Maltese island), Beiruit, Georgia, Bulgaria, Canada as well as Palestinian Christans, Boy Scouts of America etc etc who also celebrate St George?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patronages_of_Saint_George

So he's not even unique to us? It just gets better.