Wanting to go on a little break, but not taking my little girl, wrong?

Me and my bf have been together a while but we dont get to spend much time on our own.

I have a 3 year old, who my bf has meet. They get on so well and when my bf is off we all spend day together going to park, dinner out etc. We have even done to the seaside.

We was wanting to go to coast for a few nights together and I have asked asked my daughters dad to have her one extra night so we can do so. He has agreed.

Though my family think it is wrong that we are going somewhere and not taking my little one along.

I can understand where they are coming from, but I don't think its wrong to want to spend some time with my bf alone. .

But at same time I am overcome with guilt...

I have a baby daughter who is 16 months old. I've left her with her garandparents for the odd day away. I know some folks will tut tut about it but you really need quality time to recover. A baby can put a strain on your life and your relationship. It is more important to keep things on the rails so that she is brought up in a loving environment rather that in a single parent family.

Me and my bf have been together a while but we dont get to spend much time on our own.

I have a 3 year old, who my bf has meet. They get on so well and when my bf is off we all spend day together going to park, dinner out etc. We have even done to the seaside.

We was wanting to go to coast for a few nights together and I have asked asked my daughters dad to have her one extra night so we can do so. He has agreed.

Though my family think it is wrong that we are going somewhere and not taking my little one along.

I can understand where they are coming from, but I don't think its wrong to want to spend some time with my bf alone. .

But at same time I am overcome with guilt...

Snap out of it girl, go and have some fun.

You love her and you'll be back looking after her soon enough. Kids thrive on new experiences so she'll have a fine old time.

Pack your sussies and live a little :hihi:

I agree - I go on a weekend away every year with a firend and leave my children with their Dad for the weekend (we are separated) Its good for the soul - recharges your batteries and she will no doubt have lots of fun without you.

Just go. She's 3 not 3 months. Anyone wanting to deny you some 'me' time is just plain nasty

There is nothing wrong with me-time!!!!

Edited by clairelou65

I have boys at 6 and 3. Grandparents having them on the occasional Saturday night, or for the once in a blue moon weekend away with the missus, restores just a little bit of sanity.

Do it.

Me and my ex didnt have a night off or any alone time in 14 years.

It killed the relationship stone dead!

Just do it , you have to have time to yourselves, she's with her dad,he will probaly spoil her , she will enjoy it and probaly not even realised she has stayed an extra day, dont feel guilty, enjoy it.

My parents had my son from being a baby right up to 13 years old on every Friday night. A good nights sleep every Friday night!

We had a weekend away when he was 3 and he had a great time with his grand parents.

Go for it!

We have been married for a long time and have always had breaks away without our children. No problem now of course, they are grown.But when they were small, as long as they were cared for by someone responsible who loved them, (their grandparents in our case) we didn`t see a problem. Hope you have a great time, and don`t feel guilty, you shouldn`t, it`s not like you`re abandoning them or anything!

Go for it while you've got the chance! Maybe your family are (wrongly) peed off that you didn't ask them to have her so are guilt tripping you. Sod em! Being a mum is the hardest job in the world for many reasons - 1 being that you rarely have time off....its 24/7. Even when you're asleep you're still in mum mode in case your child needs you. I only ever seem to sleep deeply if my daughters with my mum. Everyone needs a break, enjoy yourself!

If you've made arrangments for the little girl to be looked after while you're away, you should go for it by all means :)